CALL of Duty is getting a spooky new update for Halloween – and it’s not for the faint of heart.
We reveal all the terrifying goodies coming in The Haunting of Verdansk.
Call of Duty Halloween event 2020 – what is it?
This year, Call of Duty is celebrating Halloween with a major in-game event.
It’s called the Haunting of Verdansk, and will include changes to both Warzone and Modern Warfare.
Activision is also riffing on universes like Saw and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
It’s a limited-time event, so play it while you can.
Call of Duty Haunting of Verdansk – start date and time
The Haunting of Verdansk kicks off on October 20.
Usually major updates go live at 10am LA time, 1pm NYC time and 6pm London time.
The event is scheduled to end on November 3, so you have two weeks to enjoy all the frights on offer.
Call of Duty Haunting of Verdansk Warzone – what to expect
The entire event features a Trick or Treat reward system with special supply boxes that are good…or bad.
There are bundles based on Saw and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
You can dress up like Billy the Puppet and wield a special throwing knife called the Phlebotomozier Lethal Equipment.
And there’s also a Leatherface outfit, with a Family Heirloom LMG blueprint that lets you wield the weapon like a chainsaw.
In select Warzone modes – including Trios – there’s a nighttime re-skin of the map.
The full moon’s glow will prevent total darkness, but thermal optics are still recommended.
You’ll also encounter spooky apparitions in certain areas of the map.
And there’s a Zombie Royale mode where dead operators come back to life as a zombie.
Once the living undead, you’ll gain increased speed, improved jumps, deadlier melee attacks and thermal vision. Sounds great.
Call of Duty Haunting of Verdansk Multiplayer – what to expect
In Multiplayer, the heads of operators will turn into jack-o-lanterns after reaching three kills in a single life.
If you get to ten kills, your head will set alight – looking particularly fearsome.
You’ll find scarecrows on Domination points instead of flags, and skulls instead of dogtags for Kill Confirmed.
There are also two new Multiplayer modes.
One is Snipers Only, which is self-explanatory.
The other is Onslaughter, where you need to take control of a Juggernaut suit and advanced forward.
Most read in Gaming
Xbox Series X goes on sale TONIGHT – here’s where you can still buy one
BATTLE OF THE BOXES
PS5 vs Xbox Series X: The good, the bad and the very ugly
PS5 review: Xbox rival has better games and the BEST joypad – but it’s no looker
New Call of Duty Black Ops game for 2020 ‘set in Cold War’ with revamped Warzone
PS5 sales will be online only on launch day with no stock in UK or US shops
Xbox Series X review: The future of gaming is fast, gorgeous and finally here
In other news, check out our early take on Call of Duty Cold War’s multiplayer.
We recently spoke to one of Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War’s designers about the game’s multiplayer mode.
And, we recently spoke to Warzone’s creators about the future of the spin-off game.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
- Haunting New Trailer For The Amityville Murders Creeps Online
- Fortnite's Fortnitemares 2019 Halloween Event Now Live, Features New Skins, LTMs, And More
- Before the Trailers Begin: Today's cinema pre-show is much more than mere advertising
- Halloween Delivers A Potent Dose Of Nightmare Fuel With First Clip
- New Goosebumps 2 Trailer Has Deadly Gummy Bears Out for Delicious Revenge
- Jordan Peele's Us Will Haunt Halloween Horror Nights
- Halloween International Trailer Offers Up Even More Footage
- Michael Myers Returns in First Official Photos from Halloween!
- Laurie Strode Returns in Another Halloween Trailer Tease
- Laurie Is Ready To Face Michael in New Halloween Photo
- New Halloween Film To Have Official Novelization Release in October
- CS Interview: Nick Castle Talks Returning to Halloween, Hook & More!
- Listen to a Full Track from New Halloween Soundtrack
- John Carpenter Drops New Song from His New Halloween Soundtrack
- Producer Malek Akkad Still Very Interested in Halloween TV Series
- Michael Myers Attacks Laurie in the New Halloween Clip
- Michael Myers Brings the Creepy in International Poster for Halloween
- New York Comic Con Poster for Halloween Designed by Todd McFarlane
- Trick 'r Treat Coming to Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights
- Trick 'R Treat Heads to Halloween Horror Nights 2018
Call of Duty Halloween event begins TODAY – watch Haunting in Verdansk trailer here have 778 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 20, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.