The Proud Boys were celebrating online Wednesday after Donald Trump told them to ‘stand back and stand by’ during the first presidential debate – while president was attacked by members of his own party for refusing to condemn white supremacy before delivering his message to the far-right group. Members of the group posted about the shout out, telling the president: ‘We’re ready.’ Their account on the social media app Telegram posted: ‘Standing down and standing by sir.’ Proud Boys is a far-right organization that admits only men as members and promotes and engages in political violence. The group believes white men and western culture are under siege and one of its co-founders recorded a video titled ’10 things I hate about the Jews.’ ‘Proud boys, stand back and stand by, but I tell you what, somebody has got to do something about antifa and the left because this is not a right wing problem, this is a left-wing problem,’ Trump said when he was challenged to condemn white supremacists during Tuesday’s presidential debate. He claimed the protests in the country on race relations were a left-wing problem. The Southern Poverty Law Center, a liberal advocacy organization, has designated the all-male Proud Boys as… Read full this story
- Trump and the Limits of Content Moderation
- Trump mob storms Democrat Washington Gov. Jay Inslee's mansion as protesters surround Texas, California, Michigan, Georgia, Oregon AND Kansas state capitols
- DC hotel frequented by 'Proud Boys' to close Jan. 4-6
- No surprise: Trump left many clues he wouldn't go quietly
- We will not take it any more: US President Donald Trump tells supporters as Congress meets to certify Joe Biden win
- Trump raises pressure on Pence, incorrectly stating he could throw out electors
- Trump refuses to denounce white supremacy, says 'stand back and stand by' on Proud Boys movement
- Exclusive: Threat of Pro-Trump Violence in Washington Overshadows Inauguration Security Plans
- Mike Pence puts Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer ON HOLD when they called to demand he remove Donald Trump with the 25th Amendment - so she threatens to impeach president for 'sedition' to end 'horror show'
- Trump calls his Capitol mob 'GREAT PATRIOTS' and claims they rioted because election was 'viciously stolen' - then tells them 'Go home with love. Remember this day forever!' as Twitter locks his account for 12 hours
'We are ready': Proud Boys threaten to act and pledge allegiance to Trump after he told the far right group to 'stand back and stand by' during presidential debate have 379 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 30, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.