Disney’s latest live-action remake sees the return of Mulan to the small screen following the studio’s decision to release it on Disney Plus. The narrative backbone of this version remains the same: when Northern invaders threaten China, the Emperor calls on one man from each household to fight in his imperial army. After disappointing the matchmaker of the village, Mulan takes the place of her disabled father, adopts the alter-ego Hua Jun – instead of Ping as depicted in the original movie – and joins the army to become a warrior worthy of defending her country.However, compared to the previous Disney Renaissance redos, director Niki Caro’s film has made far more changes to the story and characters to deliver a more serious and less Americanised interpretation of the classic Chinese tale. Some of those changes have been known for several months like the fact that this cast is completely Asian with no American accents. Liu Yifei plays the titular role with legends of Asian (and Western) cinema Donnie Yen, Tzi Ma, Rosalind Chao, Jason Scott Lee, Ron Yuan, Gong Li, and Jet Li in support. But as much as the cast’s heritage is more broadly authentic than the original, they… Read full this story
- 'Aladdin' Live Action Movie: Meet the Cast and Get First Look At Disney Characters
- Margot Robbie to star as Barbie in new live-action movie
- First look at Will Smith as the Genie in ‘Aladdin’ live-action movie
- Margot Robbie will star as Barbie in live-action movie
- WATCH: Lion King (2019) Live-Action Trailer Released
- 'Detective Pikachu' Trailer Introduces Ryan Reynolds As Live-Action Pokémon
- ‘Dumbo': You’ll Believe an Elephant Can Fly in First Trailer for Disney’s Live-Action Remake (Video)
- John Krasinski Says He Doesn't Want 'A Quiet Place' Sequel to Become an 'Action Movie'
- Tom Hanks in Early Talks for Disney’s Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ as Geppetto
- ‘Star Wars’ Cassian Andor Live-action TV Show Sticks to the In-between Times
Mulan: The biggest differences between the animation and the live-action movies have 330 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.