Home • PC Game News • Amnesia: The Dark Descent • Lauren Morton Contributor 9th September 2020 / 8:43PM In all of horror, the true terror often lies in threats of things that might have been more than what really is. A jump scare that’s just a gust of wind or a monster that’s actually a hallucination, you know the kind. Here’s a truly frightening prospect then: a version of Amnesia: The Dark Descent with some very different details. Frictional Games celebrated the game’s 10th anniversary by sharing some lesser-known ideas for the game as it might have been. Some of them are a real trip. Game development is an extremely iterative process, so it’s no wonder developers are often wary of sharing things that didn’t make the cut. What if players are disappointed? Look at these two environments that didn’t survive production. I don’t know that I’ll mourn the loss of the Dissection Lab, but the Greenhouse looks quite neat. Oh, except that Amnesia was going to at one point feature awful human-plant hybrid monsters like a “puking baby-plant” and “flower-man”. Nevermind, I’m okay with never having visited the Greenhouse. Two environments for Amnesia: TDD that never made it… Read full this story
- VR horror game Wraith: The Oblivion - Afterlife will share Vampire: The Masquerade's universe
- In Pompeo's Multiverse: Iran's Foreign Ministry Says US Top Diplomat Lives in 'Parallel Universe'
- New Study on Mysterious Glow at Heart of Our Galaxy Kills Hypothesis About Dark Matter
- DNA study reveals how the slave trade’s dark history of rape, disease and deadly working conditions shaped the modern-day genetics of black people in America
- 1091 Pictures Snatches Creature Thriller ‘Tar’; Jim Klock To Co-Star, Co-Direct ‘Slayed’; MPX Acquires ‘Electric Jesus’ Sales Rights – Film Briefs
- The University of Iowa did not have mandatory testing at the start of the semester. Protests and pushback happened next
- Andhra University staring at fund crunch
- University of Calcutta VC to meet principals online on exam modalities
- Universities clamouring for re-opening are cash cows to some govts ― ASUU
- Liberty University to investigate its operations under Jerry Falwell Jr.
In an alternate universe, Amnesia: The Dark Descent included Jesus and trampolines have 359 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at September 9, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.