For a brief time recently, EA put advertisements into UFC 4 but they have since been removed following outcry from the playerbase.One of the ads was for Amazon’s show, The Boys, which recently returned for a second season. The ads played during replays and as part of an overlay, but they are now gone. You can see one of the ads in the video below. As you can see, the logo for The Boys was also displayed on the center of the Octagon.EA decided to add full-on commercials in the middle of gameplay in a $60 game a month after it’s release so it wasn’t talked about in reviews from r/assholedesignIn a statement sent to Eurogamer, EA said the feedback was loud and clear.”It is abundantly clear from your feedback that integrating ads into the replay and overlay experience is not welcome,” EA said. “The advertisements have been disabled by the team and we apologize for any disruption to gameplay that players may have experienced.””We realize that this should have been communicated with players ahead of time and that’s on us. We want to make sure our players have the best possible experience playing EA Sports UFC 4, so ad… Read full this story
- Microsoft Goes Massive With In-Game Ads
- Google Acquires Video Game Ad Firm Adscape
- PlayStation continues to dominate Xbox and Nintendo as gaming ads ramp up for December
- In-game ads to hit $400 million by 2009
- Nielsen to Track In-Game Ads
- Sprint, Verizon to Offer EA Mobile Games
- Poll: TechSpot readers, would you pay $3-5 for a subscription to remove all ads and receive other benefits?
- Amazon Prime Exclusive Phones Become Better Deal, Update Will Remove Lockscreen Ads (Updated)
- Amazon Prime Exclusive Phones Just Became an Even Better Deal, Update Will Remove Lockscreen Ads
- Massive unveils interactive in-game ads
EA Removes In-Game Ads From UFC 4 After Backlash have 312 words, post on www.gamespot.com at September 7, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.