Last month, EA announced it would be consolidating its EA Access and Origin Access subscription services and rebranding them as EA Play, and the publisher now says its Origin desktop launcher is getting a new name and overhaul as part of its rebranding push too.EA’s PC desktop client has used the Origin name since the service launched in 2011, but the long-running brand will soon be phased out entirely when the publisher’s overhauled PC client, known simply as the EA Desktop app, arrives.Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, EA’s senior vice president of strategic growth Mike Blank explained the new desktop app won’t just have a new name; it’ll offer a streamlined, more easily navigable user experience, new features including background updates, a “better patching experience”, plus improvements to login, registration, and game libraries. The goal, says Blank, is to create a “frictionless, fast, socially-oriented experience for our players, where it becomes the best place for them to connect with the people they want to play with in the games they want to play”.Blank says the move signals “an ethos that is critically important to us and that we know that’s important to our players”, and is part of an ongoing push to… Read full this story
- Shuffle Board: Burberry Gains CCO, Liberty Interactive Corp. to Rebrand
- In Less Than 6 Months, One Millennial Created an App While Working Full Time
- Why ‘No New Friends’ May Be Blocking Your Success
- 80 new stores, restaurants coming to Lancaster seek 2,000 workers in tight job market
- Michael Cohen's lawyers dropped a slew of intriguing bombshells about Trump in a new court filing
- Record-Seeking Yasir Shah Holds Key In Pakistan vs New Zealand Test Series Decider
- How To Sign Up For Madden Championship: EA, NFL eSports Tournament
- New Year's Nudges for Your Business
- The New Way You Can Partner with Amazon. 3 Things to Know Today.
- Will Trumpism take deeper root in New Hampshire?
EA ditching Origin name with new EA Desktop app as part of ongoing rebranding efforts have 328 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at September 15, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.