While the major streaming services are more popular than they’ve ever been, you have more options than Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney Plus if you want to chill on the couch for a while. Sure, those are all great if you can swing the subscription cost, but there are also a bunch of totally free streaming services out there, most of which don’t even require you to sign up for an account.
Services like Crackle, Pluto TV, and Tubi have a surprising number of hit movies and TV shows that you can watch without spending a dime. We’ve rounded up the best free streaming services you can use today. If you have a library card, you can also stream on a few additional services like Hoopla and Kanopy. There is some overlap between the services, but each one typically has at least some content that the others don’t, so it’s worth checking out all of the free video streaming services. No one service really claims the title of best free streaming service, however–they’re all targeted at certain audiences, which makes it hard to use just one. Of course, you don’t really have to choose, since they’re all free.
All of these services have ads in their shows and movies, but the occasional interruption can be tolerated when you’re paying nothing. It’s certainly better than treading through the sea of “free” gray-market streaming sites out there. The content is also a notch above a random Youtube binge (most of the time, anyway), and available on just about any streaming device you can think of, including Roku, TV Chromecast, and more. The ads also mean you don’t fall into the Sling TV model of the service being free, but having to pay for certain TV series and movies. You may not be able to find a popular movie on even the best free streaming service, but open your mind a little bit beyond the Netflix bubble and we’re sure you’ll find something you like and can easily watch on your smart TV. A free movie is a free movie, after all, as anyone who already has Amazon Prime and occasionally remembers there’s a whole streaming service attached to it can attest.
Also, make sure to check out our list of every free game you can claim right now. A ton of publishers and developers are giving away free games to promote social distancing. The GameSpot staff has also put together a roundup of all of the best games, movies, and TV shows to enjoy while social distancing so you can get a movie streaming backlog going. And if you’re thinking about subscribing to one of the major (paid) streaming services, check out our detailed breakdowns of the best streaming services and best anime streaming services.
If you’re looking for more to do while stuck indoors, check out our guide on how to build a gaming PC.
Best Deals This Week
- Get $174 Worth Of Steam Games For $15 In New Bundle
- PlayStation Store Kicks Off Huge July PS4 Games Sale
- PS5 Pre-Order Guide: Retail Listings, DualSense Controller Info, And More
- Here’s Where You Can Get A Nintendo Switch Lite
- All The Free Game Promotions You Can Claim On PS4, Xbox One, PC, And More
- Best Budget Monitors Under $200 – Cheap Monitors For Working From Home
- The best TV of 2018 so far
- Fans may have to pay to stream NCAA tourney
- NCAA tourney no longer free online for all
- Alvarez, Morales on money, movies, more
- Food52 is offering a rare free shipping deal and here's what we're buying
- Test driving FoxSoccer.tv
- 'A mate's mate ... who loved his family': Tears, tall stories and laughs as a Who's Who of sport and TV honour Danny 'Spud' Frawley in an emotionally-charged funeral after he died in a car crash
- IOC defends NBC for TV tape delays
- NBC to stream events in post-Ebersol Games
- Find FOX Sports 1 on your TV
- NBC launches 2 apps to watch the Olympics
- NBC launches apps to watch Games
- Keeping Olympics off cable TV is a coup
- Coming to America: 19 movies about U.S. immigration
- FOX Soccer to launch new look August 13
- NHL reaches new TV deal
- Review: Super Bowl online decent, won’t replace TV
- Rex Ryan is NFL’s best leading actor
- Get ready for NFL free-agent frenzy
- Thousands pay respects at Morosini’s funeral
The Best Free Streaming Services: Watch Movies, TV, And More Without Paying (August 2020) have 1865 words, post on www.gamespot.com at August 18, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.