A Spanish matador was sent flying after a bull gored him in the buttocks.
The bull turned on Enrique Ponce, flipping him over, after being knifed by the matador.
Mr Ponce, 48, fell to the ground and was seen lying with his arms covering his head as the bull stood close to his body.
But the father-of-two was soon seen returning to his feet.
The father-of-two reportedly escaped without major injuries – apart from some bruising and torn knee ligaments – according to Spanish media.
The bull eventually died and the matador then went on to kill another.
The fight, which was held at El Puerto de Santa Maria’s bullfighting ring in Cadiz, Andalusia, took place in front of a packed crowd despite a spike in coronavirus cases in some parts of Spain.
Mr Ponce, one of Spain’s most famous matadors, has already had to deal with a bull fighting back before.
Last year, a more severe goring left him requiring knee surgery and a 10cm (4 inch) injury to his buttock, the Independent reports.
In 2014, while opening the Las Fallas festival in Valencia, a bull broke his collarbone and several of his ribs.
Bullfighting returned to Spain after the government eased its lockdown restrictions.
But animal rights campaigners were hoping that the sport would come to an end following the pandemic.
Some ranchers were forced to close due to the impact of the shutdown and several events were cancelled.
According to industry estimates, there are 54,000 jobs in the sector in Spain, Politico reports.
And ANOET, the national association of bullfight organisers, said the industry generates €1.5 billion (£1.3 billion) each year, rising to €4 billion (£3.6 billion) when taking into account its indirect impact on the economy.
Lockdown saw increasing calls for the controversial sport to be banned.
“Have we not already had an overdose of death and pain in these past months?” Carmen Ibarlucea of animal rights group La Tortura No Es Cultura (Torture Is Not Culture) said.
“They return to the bullrings and they mercilessly and tearlessly demand more public money to torture and see a peaceful herbivore dying.
“Meanwhile we, a social majority, are now calling for a true culture of peace and solidarity.”
- Hamilton back on top with Spanish Grand Prix win
- How dangerous is it to run with the bulls?
- UK knife crime: The first 100 fatal stabbings of 2019
- Slender Man stabbing victim breaks her silence five years after ‘friends’ stabbed her 19 times
- Mercedes accuse FIA of double standards
- Houston boxer Ginny Fuchs reaches championship match at Pan American Games
- What can music tell us about plastic pollution?
- Lions tour 2019: Great Britain's 2007 Test series against New Zealand
- Latino farmworkers face serious health risks due to California's wildfires
- Everything You Never Knew About The Making of
- Airwolf '90: The story of Wolves' famous flights to Newcastle
- Bundesliga transfers: Wolf moves to Hertha, Schick to RB
- Fear The Walking Dead: Morgan James gets pushed to breaking point after Logan taunts him over family
- The Mission: it might all have been avoided if they'd had some karaoke bars
- A rough trade
- Valtteri Bottas wins Australian Grand Prix as Mercedes get off to a flyer
- Operation Jumbo Slaughter: Botswana now has so many elephants its leader is considering a cull, accusing the West of treating his country like a zoo. No wonder conservationists are up in arms, writes SUE REID
- Strictly's Shirley Ballas REVEALS why she saved Mike over Catherine and her fears for next week
- Terminator: Dark Fate: Everything we know about the new movie so far
- Asylum-seekers forced to wait in Tijuana fear for their lives
Spanish matador gored in behind and sent flying after stabbing bull have 595 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.