Netflix’s VP of original films, Tendo Nagenda, has shared some new insight on the types of projects that Netflix wants to make going forward and which directors he’d like to work with.Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Nagenda said some of his “dream projects” are tentpole “adventure films” similar to Star Wars and Harry Potter.”We’re looking at big, broad-audience, PG-level adventure films as something that we want to get into. Something along the lines of the first Star Wars, or Harry Potter 1 and 2,” Nagenda said. “A lot of family live action, fantasy, spectacle movies that we think are big and can play great. A Jumanji-type of story. That is the next frontier.”Nagenda said Netflix’s overall mission with its original movies is to pursue “new ideas” and projects that traditional studios might pass on. “George Lucas created Star Wars–it wasn’t based on a book,” he said. “If you have that kind of imagination–like the Wachowskis with The Matrix–we feel like we’re the place to take the chance on those types of innovative ideas and filmmakers.”And regarding which directors Netflix wants to work with, Nagenda called out people like the Oscar-winning Get Out director Jordan Peele and Inception helmer Christopher Nolan…. Read full this story
- Karlisha Hurley Joins “How to Identify a Serial Killer” In Development alongside Harry Potter star Ellie Darcey-Alden
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker’ Trailer: Watch Rey Take On Kylo Ren
- Star Wars 9 trailer LEAK: Is THIS how Emperor Palpatine will enter The Rise of Skywalker?
- Twitter Reacts to 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' Teaser Trailer With Memes, Jokes and Outrage
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ trailer: How to stream it live Friday
- "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" teaser trailer released
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX -- The Rise of Skywalker’ gets a trailer
- Bringing the kids to 'Harry Potter' at Shea's? 5 things to know
- How Disney uses more than 7,000 props to make Galaxy’s Edge look and feel like a ‘Star Wars’ movie
- 'Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker' Cast Teases Finn-Poe Romance That Will Probably Never Happen
Netflix Wants To Make "Broad-Audience" Movies Like Star Wars And Harry Potter have 365 words, post on www.gamespot.com at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.