Former Warriors big man Cliff Robinson has died, his alma mater, the University of Connecticut, confirmed Saturday morning. He was 53. Known for his signature headband, Robinson’s 18-year NBA career spanned stints with the Trail Blazers, Suns, Pistons, Golden State and the Nets. He was a Sixth Man of the Year (1993), an NBA All-Star (1994) and a two-time NBA All Defensive Second Team selection (2000, 2002). In August 2003, the Pistons traded Robinson with Pepe Sanchez to the Warriors for Bob Sura. That following season, Robinson started all 82 games for Golden State, but failed to reach the playoffs for the first time in his career. “We’re shocked and saddened with the death of Clifford Robinson at the much-too-young age of 53,” the Warriors said in a news release Saturday. “Clifford was the consummate professional who loved the game and played with an incredible sense of both joy and intensity during his outstanding 18-year career, including two seasons with the Warriors. We extend our thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of ‘Uncle Cliffy’ during this difficult time.” After averaging 8.5 points and 2.7 rebounds per game for the Warriors in 2004-05, Robinson was traded to the Nets… Read full this story
- Vicar of Dibley's Emma Chambers dies, aged 53
- Matthew Mellon, cryptocurrency billionaire, banking heir and former husband of Jimmy Choo founder Tamara, dies suddenly in rehab in Mexico aged 53 after long battle with OxyContin addiction
- 'I'm a lucky man that Barbara Bush was my mother': George W Bush leads tributes as former First Lady dies aged 92, two days after stopping medical treatment with her husband of 73 years by her side until the very end
- Jose Antonio Reyes: Former Arsenal and Real Madrid star dies in traffic accident
- 'His legacy lives on in Ramsay Street': Creator of soap hit Neighbours dies aged 93 - as pop princess Kylie Minogue leads tributes to the 'pioneer of Australian television'
- Norman Wisdom, last survivor of the music halls, dies aged 95
- Legendary Sun night news editor David Mertens has died aged 73 after battling cancer
- Clive Swift: Keeping Up Appearances star dies at 82
- Clive James: Australian broadcaster and author dies aged 80
- Penny Marshall tributes: Rosie O'Donnell, Mark Wahlberg, Danny DeVito and Tom Hanks honor Laverne & Shirley star as she dies aged 75
Ex-Warrior Cliff Robinson, a former All-Star, dies at age 53 have 364 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at August 29, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.