Nick Solak hit the ball hard in the bottom of the fifth inning deep into right field and Adell began backpedaling and seemed to have a beat on it. The ball, however, ended up bouncing off his glove and over the wall, costing the Angels a run.
Solak was initially awarded a home run but that was then changed to a four base error on Adell after official scorer Larry Bump consulted with the Elias Sports Bureau.
Los Angeles ultimately lost the game 7-3 and remain in last-place in the AL West division.
The blooper was reminiscent of an infamous incident in 1993 when a ball bounced off the head of slugger Jose Canseco, then playing for the Rangers, and over the wall for a home run.
This news comes as the remainder of the MLB season still remains in doubt due to coronavirus concerns.
The league threatened to suspend repeat offenders who violate its new COVID-19 protocols, in a memo sent out to teams on Wednesday.
It outlined changes to its 2020 operations manual after outbreaks on the Miami Marlins and St. Louis Cardinals led to 21 postponements in the first two weeks of a shortened 60-game season and more than 30 positive cases.
“We recognize that these changes place additional burdens and restrictions on players and staff,’’ the memo, obtained by USA Today Sports, read. “But if we desire to play, they are necessary to limit infections and, if someone does test positive, to keep the virus from spreading. The behavior of every covered individual affects the players and staff on his or her team, and on other clubs as well.”
Fox News’ Paulina Dedaj contributed to this report
- Canning, Rendon Power Angels’ 6-1 Victory, Sweep Of Royals
- Stassi, Angels Make Royal Pain Of Kowar’s Major League Debut
- Injured pitcher Matthew Beck gets his moment as LSU comfortably beats Southern
- The 85 best shows on BBC iPlayer to watch right now
- 70 best documentaries on Netflix to watch right now
- Pirates’ Hayes misses 1B on homer, Dodgers beat Bucs 5-3
- Kikuchi takes no-hit bid into 7th, Mariners top Astros 1-0
- Kikuchi no-hit into 7th leads Mariners over Astros 1-0
- Deep Inside the Unreal World of Lady Gaga
- Mile High MVPs: Looking back at Colorado’s most valuable player award winners prior to Nikola Jokic
- Pete Alonso helps Mets top Phillies for wild 8-7 win
- The Epic Journey to ‘The Underground Railroad’
- Arizona softball team eliminated from WCWS after losing heartbreaker to Florida State
- Arizona baseball team takes two of three from Oregon State to win pivotal road series
- Eighth-inning collapse prevents LSU from sweeping Ole Miss
- Tennis Lessons
- Max Fried beats Bauer 4-2, Braves take 2 of 3 from Dodgers
- Olson, Athletics Romp Past Royals 11-2
- Meet the unsung heroes who keep Baseball’s sluggers in the zone
- Ranking NFL's top 10 RBs for 2021: Derrick Henry, Christian McCaffrey dueling for the throne
Angels rookie Jo Adell has nightmare moment as fly ball pops out of his glove and over right field wall have 603 words, post on www.foxnews.com at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.