Congestion in HCM City
The ticket prices will be VND30,000 to VND40,000 during rush hours and VND10,000 to VND30,000 during other times. The new routes will connect new urban areas and industrial parks with the city’s transportation network.
Customers must install the mobile phone app Godee to book seat and travel time. Only cashless payments like credit cards, ATM cards and online wallets are accepted. The bus will only stop to pick up passengers if there are orders on the app.
According to the Department of Transport, since HCM City has many narrow streets and alleyways, many people are unable to access public transport. The mini-buses will not receive subsidies from the government and are suitable for the plan to call for private investments to develop public transportation to reduce congestion.
The proposed ticket prices are considered competitive and will not affect other buses. The mini-buses will help strengthen and expand the public transportation network.
The plan is also a part of a project to improve public transportation and limit personal vehicles in HCM City. According to the project, the city public transportation system will be able to meet 15% of the demand in 2025 and 25% in 2030. The estimated cost is VND393trn (USD17bn), of which VND47trn will come from the state budget and the rest will come from private investment and ODA loans.
- HCM City’s new Eastern Bus Station to open in April
- HCM City’s new Mien Dong Bus Station to open in April
- HCM City to open free parking space for bus passengers
- HCM City bus operators may face CNG supply cuts
- HCM City river bus suspension proposed for Covid-19 prevention
- New Covid-19 cluster linked to HCM City bar
- Three more in HCM City test positive for COVID-19, total hits 121
- City Appoints Artists For New Mini Murals Around Town
- Bus route bidding plan to save services in Wales
- HCMC plans to open new Mien Dong Bus Station on April 30
- Thousands of Hanoi residents to use bus for free from September 1
- COVID-19: Wuhan resumes bus services, China reports 47 new imported cases
- Coronavirus in New York: Latest Updates
- HCMC faces bus terminal shortage
- HMR to introduce shuttle buses on 12 new routes across all three lines
- Why New York Can’t Have Nice Things
- O.C. Bus Ridership Tanks Amid Coronavirus Woes
- COVID-19 epicentre Wuhan resumes bus services after 9-week lockdown
- Safety or livelihood? Coronavirus poses dilemma to bus, taxi drivers
- Chinese county in coronavirus outbreak center to resume inter-provincial bus services
HCM City to pilot new mini-bus routes have 423 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 9, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.