A TV adaptation of the Fallout series is on the way, and it’s coming to Amazon Prime Video. The news was announced with a brief teaser trailer that doesn’t reveal any specifics, but it has been confirmed that Amazon has acquired the rights to a Fallout TV show–and that some of the key talent behind Westworld will be working on it. Here’s what little we know so far, but be aware that it sounds like this is still early days for the series, so a release may still be far away.
Although the teaser video itself is vague, this is a TV series adaptation, and according to Bethesda, it’s already received a series commitment. The show is coming from Amazon Studios and Kilter Films. Westworld’s Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy will be working on the project.
We don’t yet know most of the critical details, such as the cast, director, or release date. There’s no indication that it’ll be a direct adaptation of any of the games, but the announcement acknowledges some of the iconic elements, such as the “harsh tone” that is “sprinkled with moments of ironic humor and B-movie-nuclear-fantasies.” It will also still feature “the harshness of the wasteland set against the previous generation’s utopian idea of a better world through nuclear energy.”
— Fallout (@Fallout) July 2, 2020
“Over the last decade, we looked at many ways to bring Fallout to the screen,” said Bethesda’s Todd Howard, who will be among the show’s executive producers. “But it was clear from the moment I first spoke with Jonah and Lisa a few years ago, that they and the team at Kilter were the ones to do it right. We’re enormous fans of their work and couldn’t be more excited to work with them and Amazon Studios.”
In addition to Westworld, Nolan has worked as a writer on many of brother Christopher Nolan’s films, including The Dark Knight, The Prestige, and Interstellar. Joy’s non-Westworld work includes serving as a writer and producer on Burn Notice.
The long-running Fallout series debuted in 1997, when it was developed by Interplay Entertainment. Bethesda later bought the rights to the series, with its first entry being 2008’s Fallout 3, which was a major success. The subsequent entry, New Vegas, was developed by Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II studio Obsidian Entertainment. The most recent Fallout games are Fallout 4 and the online spin-off Fallout 76.
- This week’s best gaming deals: Poke Ball Plus, PUBG, 4K TVs, and more
- This week’s best gaming deals: New Nintendo 2DS XL, Persona 3 & 5, GTA 5, and more
- When is Red Dead Redemption 2 out? UK Release date for PS4, PC and Xbox One, deals and bundle offers
- 8 things to watch out for this week october 26
- An unabridged interview with Metro 2033 author Dmitri Glukhovsky
- The best movies of 2018
- Almost Everything That Happened in Gaming & Tech Between The Release Of Kingdom Hearts 2 & 3
- Faces of Unity: Nathan St. Pierre – Unity Blog
- PS4 Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals 2017 – PS4 consoles, PS4 Pro, games, accessories, and more
- Microsoft Black Friday 2017 Deals: Xbox One And PC Game Sales Available Now
- VGX 2013 Video Game Awards before the show round-up
- This Week in Games: October 19, 2012
- E3 2017's big trends and what they tell us about the game industry
Amazon Is Making A Fallout TV Show, Here's What We Know have 557 words, post on www.gamespot.com at July 6, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.