A TV adaptation of the Fallout series is on the way, and it’s coming to Amazon Prime Video. The news was announced with a brief teaser trailer that doesn’t reveal any specifics, but it has been confirmed that Amazon has acquired the rights to a Fallout TV show–and that some of the key talent behind Westworld will be working on it. Here’s what little we know so far, but be aware that it sounds like this is still early days for the series, so a release may still be far away.
Although the teaser video itself is vague, this is a TV series adaptation, and according to Bethesda, it’s already received a series commitment. The show is coming from Amazon Studios and Kilter Films. Westworld’s Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy will be working on the project.
We don’t yet know most of the critical details, such as the cast, director, or release date. There’s no indication that it’ll be a direct adaptation of any of the games, but the announcement acknowledges some of the iconic elements, such as the “harsh tone” that is “sprinkled with moments of ironic humor and B-movie-nuclear-fantasies.” It will also still feature “the harshness of the wasteland set against the previous generation’s utopian idea of a better world through nuclear energy.”
— Fallout (@Fallout) July 2, 2020
“Over the last decade, we looked at many ways to bring Fallout to the screen,” said Bethesda’s Todd Howard, who will be among the show’s executive producers. “But it was clear from the moment I first spoke with Jonah and Lisa a few years ago, that they and the team at Kilter were the ones to do it right. We’re enormous fans of their work and couldn’t be more excited to work with them and Amazon Studios.”
In addition to Westworld, Nolan has worked as a writer on many of brother Christopher Nolan’s films, including The Dark Knight, The Prestige, and Interstellar. Joy’s non-Westworld work includes serving as a writer and producer on Burn Notice.
The long-running Fallout series debuted in 1997, when it was developed by Interplay Entertainment. Bethesda later bought the rights to the series, with its first entry being 2008’s Fallout 3, which was a major success. The subsequent entry, New Vegas, was developed by Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II studio Obsidian Entertainment. The most recent Fallout games are Fallout 4 and the online spin-off Fallout 76.
- 17 brilliant Amazon Prime Video TV shows to watch
- How to get HBO Max on your Fire TV
- Heartbeat's Mark Jordon: All you need to know from split with Downton Abbey star to current relationship
- Turn your Amazon Echo into a free TV speaker -- here's how
- The Best TVs You Can Control With Your Voice (And Why You’d Want to)
- The best cheap QLED TV deals for August 2020: Samsung and Vizio
- These Streaming Sticks Get You Easy Access to HD Content on Any TV
- Bafta TV Awards 2020 nominations: The FULL list of who’s been nominated
- Amazon Prime Video: best shows and films to watch in June so far
- Pre-order Amazon's most popular gadget
- Xiaomi's Android TV-powered Mi TV Stick will launch in India on August 5
- Watch all the best trailers from Comic-Con 2020 right here
- Roku Ultra on sale for only $70 at Amazon right now — save $30
- True Royalty: The royal TV streaming service you'll be obsessed with & how to get a free trial
- TV BAFTAs 2020: Emily Atack puts on a leggy display in a duck egg blue shorts suit as she wows on the red carpet at the socially-distanced virtual ceremony
- The best cheap OLED TV deals for August 2020: LG and Sony
- Kanye West makes astonishing claim that Michael Jackson was MURDERED after speaking out against Sony boss Tommy Mottola in another late night Twitter tirade
- Gaming TV Network VENN Lines Up Distribution Partners for August Launch
- ‘The Boys’ Renewed At Amazon For Season 3, Streamer Sets Aisha Tyler-Hosted Aftershow – [email protected]
- The Boys gets renewed for Season 3 on Amazon Prime before Season 2 debuts plus a new aftershow hosted by Aisha Tyler
Amazon Is Making A Fallout TV Show, Here's What We Know have 677 words, post on www.gamespot.com at July 6, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.