As expected, another physical event has gone online this year. The Digital Dragons Indie Celebration is the next of the bunch, presenting demos playable through steam and livestreams with developers to watch. The Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic is cramping our con attendance but the digital format encouraging events to give access to demos that normally would have only been playable in an exhibition hall a plane ride away is a pleasant side effect. Can we, uh, maybe just keep doing this from now on?
If you pop over to the event page on Steam, you can peep some play sessions and interviews with developers currently in progress or download one of the 28 demos available for a whirl. For me, a lovely part of this crop is that, unlike some other festivals, it includes quite a few games I’d not yet heard of. Finding something new that looks lovely is always a treat.
The Blind Prophet up above there in the header looks like a lovely but grim point & click adventure game. There’s a top-down action game called Rustler (Grand Theft Horse) featuring both horse cops with flashing blue and red lights and horse spray shops. This adventure game Röki looks quite lovely as well. I’m a sucker for a nice snow environment.
You can find the full schedule for Digital Dragons’ livestreams over on their blog post. There are streams in Russian, Polish, and English so mind which time slot you’re looking at.
If you click our links to online stores and make a purchase we may receive a few pennies. Find more information here.
More of this sort of thing
- NNPA President Moderates Inspirational CBCF Avoice Heritage Celebration
- Black Bottom Film Festival—‘A celebration of the Black artistic voice and creative stamina’
- Freeway blight or mall saviors? Here’s where Sacramento may allow 8 new digital billboards
- The China Merchants in Djibouti: from the maritime to the digital silk roads (by Thierry Pairault)
- You Gotta Try This: Binchoyaki’s krispy rice sidesteps sushi reluctance
- 700 Afghan Women, in One Voice: Don’t Trade Away Our Rights
- Trump Meets Bolsonaro: From Family Scandals to Embracing the Far Right, Here’s How the Controversial Leaders Compare
- SpaceX Launches Crew Dragon Capsule to Orbit for NASA
- Movie Review: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
- Here’s where to celebrate Chinese New Year in Las Vegas
- Indie Filmmakers' Gems Glitter on Screen As Queens World Film Festival Opens March 21
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 Premiere: Dragon Rides and Awkward Reunions
- Movie previews for the week of March 28
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8: Will Daenerys Turn? Will Dragons Fight? Is the Iron Throne Even the Point?
- NRA convention expected to draw 80,000 to Indy
- Tech tips for Google, Instagram and Facebook that you'll want to try
- Visit Indy Promotes Director
- Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds announces 2019 LoveLoud concert location and set list; Kesha to headline
- The Starry Place Between the Antlers: Columbia celebrates the late James Dickey
- Presidents Day 2019: Why we celebrate it and where you can get the best deals
Try out 28 demos right now in the Digital Dragons Indie Celebration have 671 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at May 13, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.