Home • PC Game News • Half-Life: Alyx • Natalie Clayton Contributor 30th May 2020 / 11:49AM Since the moment Half-Life: Alyx launched in VR, folks have been trying to detach it from its headset requirements. To be fair, I get it – that the first Half-Life game in a decade would be restricted to expensive tech felt a little demoralising. But this weekend, one modder brought that dream closer to reality by quietly releasing Pancake Base, a mod that aims to make Alyx play just like its older siblings by giving our leading lady the sturdy, first-person arms of Half-Life 2‘s Gordon Freeman. Goutrial (the indie developer and YouTuber who purportedly put the whole thing together) posted a brief clip of Half-Life: Alyx that looked a little closer to its older predecessors – an alternate world where Half-Life’s long-awaited return didn’t require shelling out for expensive plastic headsets. To experience this #content, you will need to enable targeting cookies. Yes, we know. Sorry.Manage cookie settings Unlike an earlier attempt at VR-free Alyx, this mod doesn’t try to simulate floating virtual hands on a keyboard and mouse. Instead, the developer has traded them out for Gordon Freeman’s sturdier, time-tested first-person… Read full this story
- Taylor Swift reveals she has had 'dark and low times' in her life... but there is a free app that lifts her spirits: 'I've always found a tiny bit of relief from it'
- Moto Z2 Play Android smartphone review
- Valve Index VR headset costs $500, but the full bundle will set you back $1,000
- 5G is the swift kick VR and AR gaming needs to come to fruition
- Jenni Murray on the 1960s: ‘I hid my twinset and strode out as the mod I longed to be’
- John Crace: The life and times of a football widow
- Tomi Lahren Is A Facebook Meme Come To Life And America's Newest Hero
- The Art of the Bar: From Baroque Nudes to Life-Size Bronze Satyrs
- The Wartime Traditions of McSorley’s Old Ale House
- See the Disney's Aladdin 2019 remake for FREE at any UK cinema - here's how
Play Half-Life: Alyx as a more traditional shooter in this VR-free mod have 350 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.