But don’t be surprised if even your grandparents start asking to squad up—Fortnite said it crossed 350 million registered players, about 100 million more than it had in March 2019.
That massive audience powered the Travis Scott concert, which drew more than 12.3 million concurrent players tuned in to its “Party Royale” game mode.
Scott’s performance was only 10 minutes long, so a similar short stretch is likely for Friday’s show. When the concert is over, gamers are sent back into their competitions.
Users in the Scott show could participate with several emojis available, including flaming microphone stands. They also were immersed by floating and walking through the concert, taking in the action from all angles, much as the game allows multiple vantage points.
Besides being available on Fortnite, the event was livestreamed by prominent gamers on their own channels.
- Apple Refuses to Reinstate Fortnite in App Store Despite South Korea Antitrust Law
- Big concerts coming to Denver: Dead & Co., Bruce Campbell, String Cheese Incident and more
- Campus Guide '17: Concert venues highlight the city's music scene
- With COVID-19, concert industry from artists to tour managers forced to rethink live shows, music production
- Fortnite downtime today: Fortnite servers back online with update 17.40
- Sunday Conversation: Pink Floyd’s Nick Mason Provides A Guided Tour Through New L.A. Floyd Exhibit
- Jaap van Zweden to Step Down as New York Philharmonic’s Maestro
- The New York Philharmonic Returns, in the Midst of Transitions
- Requiem for a New Metropolitan Opera Production
- U.S. Reports More Than 70,000 New Coronavirus Cases for the Second Time
- Friends 25th Anniversary: Central Perk LEGO Set
- On the Set of Fox’s Trippy New Reality TV Show, Which Turns Singers Into… Aliens?
- 5G Could Be the Future of Concerts. No, Really
- The New Orleans Jazz Fest is celebrating 50 years. But its history is older, and messier
- 'Star Wars' set the stage for Apple's streaming video service two decades ago
- It's here!: Louisiana artist Laine Hardy's debut album, 'Here's to Anyone,' is out Friday
- Jennifer Lopez's It's My Party Tour Will Fuse Classic Anthems with Her New Hits
- Warzone Season 5 update time: New Call of Duty Cold War patch LIVE today
- Live Performing Arts Are Returning to N.Y.C., but Not All at Once
- Why Everything Is Getting Louder
Fortnite Sets Steve Aoki, deadmau5 For Friday Concert, Announces New Audience Size Milestone have 408 words, post on deadline.com at May 7, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.