The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X have added another launch title. Epic Games has confirmed that its free-to-play battle royale game Fortnite will release at launch for both next-generation consoles.
Epic did not provide any details on how Fortnite will benefit from the increased horsepower of the PS5 and Xbox Series X. However, the company did confirm that it will migrate Fortnite on PS5 and Xbox Series X to the Unreal Engine 5 in the middle of 2021.
That game engine, which was just announced, promises to deliver graphics that are on with current Hollywood CGI standards. Part of Fortnite’s charm is its stylized nature, so it’s unlikely Epic will use the new engine to change the graphics style, but it’ll be intriguing to see how the game makes use of the new technology.
Fortnite joins a growing list of launch titles confirmed for the PS5 and Xbox Series X, following Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and others before it. For more on all the games coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, check out GameSpot’s roundups below.
- All The PlayStation 5 Games Confirmed (And Expected) So Far
- All The Xbox Series X Games Confirmed (And Expected) So Far
PS5 And PS4 News And Announcements
- Fortnite update delayed as Epic Games finds 'issue' that could stop game working properly
- Free live music series launches $1.54M 'Future' of Staten Island's North Shore
- Fortnite developers explain bizarre new Avengers: Infinity War update
- 10 best upcoming Android games: Fortnite, Project Cars, Harry Potter and more
- Fortnite could endanger children and expose them to violence, NSPCC claims
- Fortnite cheats – eight easy tips, tricks and hacks you didn’t know you could do
- PUBG developer admits problems with game and vows to fix it, as Fortnite popularity continues to grow
- Are Fortnite servers down? 4.2 update patch notes for Week 3 as servers go back online
- Playing Fortnite could make you rich as Epic Games puts up £74m in prize money
- Epic Games makes announcement for ‘Fortnite’ on Android
- PlayStation 4 is in 'final phase' of its life, says Sony – offering clues for PS5 release date
- Fortnite down: Game stops working soon after latest Avengers Infinity War update arrives
- Even the Xbox One X Can’t Stop Microsoft’s Console Sales Slide
- In the lab with Xbox’s new Adaptive Controller, which may change gaming forever
- Fortnite developers to give $100,000,000 to the game's best players
- Fortnite's Avengers Crossover Is So Good, It Should Be A Permanent Mode
- Fortnite x Avengers – how do you get the Infinity Gauntlet and what abilities and powers does Thanos have?
- Xbox Live Gold, Rainbow Six Siege, Fallout 4 free this weekend on Xbox One
- Fortnite-inspired mass battle mode coming to Call of Duty Black Ops 4
- Epic’s ridiculously popular Fortnite earned almost $300 million in April
Fortnite Is A PS5 And Xbox Series X Launch Game have 685 words, post on www.gamespot.com at May 13, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.