With Grand Theft Auto 5 being given away for free on the Epic Games Store today, the digital store has been receiving a substantial amount of traffic. It is getting so much traffic, in fact, that it has completely crashed before the game was even made available, which is even leading to problems for those trying to play Fortnite and other games through the Epic Games Launcher.
We are currently experiencing high traffic on the Epic Games Store.
— Epic Games Store (@EpicGames) May 14, 2020
The official Epic Games Store Twitter account announced that it was experiencing higher-than-normal traffic, which can result in a few different issues for customers. These range from long loading times, the launcher completely crashing, or a “500” error message. GameSpot even had error messages appear in different languages when we attempted to connect.
GTA 5 is certainly popular enough to solicit that much attention, and it’s free for one week on the Epic Games Store. The game is one of the most profitable pieces of entertainment in history and still routinely shows up on monthly top 10 sales charts, despite the fact that it released more than six years ago. On PC, mods are enabled, making it a (potentially) even crazier version of the game than the console editions. The freebie coincides with the start of a great Epic Games Store sale.
As noted above, the Epic Games Store launcher is used not only for buying games, but also for accessing titles like Fortnite. It will be the exclusive PC platform for the remastered Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 game, which is scheduled to release on September 4.
We’re investigating issues on PC and Mac that may impact Launcher logins and in-game purchases.pic.twitter.com/YlFUP3vQEy
— Fortnite Status (@FortniteStatus) May 14, 2020
- Fortnite Downtime: Epic Games confirms what’s happening to Fortnite on October 22
- Fortnite Season 5: What to know about the Worlds Collide update
- Fortnite: a parents' guide to the most popular video game in schools
- PC Game Launchers, Ranked
- AMD Radeon Adrenalin Breaks Some DirectX 9 Games
- Apple Arcade updated: The full list of games for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and iPod Touch
- Fornite's Playground mode was in limbo, but now it's finally live
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Comes To PC and Google Stadia Next Month
- How Electronic Arts stopped being the worst company in America
- Pokemon Duel (for iPad)
- Redmi Note 8 Pro Price in India Reveal, Realme X2 Pro Launch Date, Amazon and Flipkart Diwali Sales, and More Tech News This Week
- 8 Stocks That Generation Z Loves
- Modern Warfare is live after servers have a rough night
- Grand Theft Auto V
- The Surface Laptop 3 is a jack of all trades
- Asus ZenFone 3 Zoom
- Alcatel Idol 5S
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (Verizon Wireless)
- ExtremeTech Overclocking Guide 2010
- In Search of the New World (of Work)
Epic Games Store & Launcher Crash With "Error 500" Affecting Fortnite And GTA 5 Giveaway have 705 words, post on www.gamespot.com at May 15, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.