The Avatar sequels are set to resume filming in New Zealand very soon. Producer Jon Landau made the announcement on Twitter, saying he’s headed back to New Zealand for the week beginning May 25 to start filming again after the production was shut down due to COVID-19.To celebrate the news, Landau released a new image of two marine vessels that will be seen in the movie, the Matador and the Picador.View this post on InstagramOur #Avatar sets are ready — and we couldn’t be more excited to be headed back to New Zealand next week. Check out the Matador, a high speed forward command vessel (bottom) and the Picador jetboat (top) — can’t wait to share more.A post shared by Jon Landau (@jonplandau) on May 21, 2020 at 2:47pm PDTProduction on the Avatar sequels stopped in mid-March, so the shutdown lasted around two months. The New Zealand government recently paved the way for productions to begin again, and it seems Amazon’s Lord of the Rings series may follow Avatar, though it hasn’t been announced yet. Work has continued on the digital effects for the Avatar sequels at Weta Digital throughout the shutdown.Directed by James Cameron, Avatar 2 is slated for… Read full this story
- Michelle Yeoh signs on for ‘Avatar’ sequels
- How Alita paves the way for Avatar sequels
- Paul Hollywood's Great British Bake Off co-stars predicted age-gap romance with Summer Monteys-Fulham would end... MONTHS before she 'dumped him over gagging order'
- Michelle Yeoh joins the cast of upcoming Avatar sequels
- US services sector activity at six-month low; shutdown blamed
- Trump pushes Senate Republicans to deploy ‘nuclear option’ to end the government shutdown
- Trump proposes immigration deal in exchange for wall funding in bid to end US government shutdown
- No emergency declaration to end US govt shutdown, says President Donald Trump
- The deal to end the government shutdown saved the congressional trip to an elite gathering in Davos, Switzerland
- House of Cards adds Diane Lane, Greg Kinnear as it resumes production
Avatar Sequels Will End Two-Month Coronavirus Shutdown And Resume Production Soon have 337 words, post on www.gamespot.com at May 22, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.