Call of Duty: Modern Warfare drew quite a bit of attention when it launched in 2019 as a major game with full cross-play and cross-platform voice chat. While many players enjoy cross-play as a way to connect with others such as friends who use a different gaming platform, players on PC who are cheating and employing hacks make for a miserable experience.
As such, if you’re a PlayStation 4 player looking to turn off cross-play in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, it’s a simple process. Do note that this won’t work for Xbox One owners. Because cross-play is enabled by default, you might not have even been aware it was possible to disable. We’ll walk you through the steps below.
How to turn off cross-play in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PS4
- Load up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
Open the Options menu.
Source: Android Central
Go to the Account tab.
- Scroll through Account until you find Crossplay.
- Change the setting to Disabled.
You’ll now be playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer and Warzone solely with other PS4 players and will not be matched with anyone on Xbox One or PC.
Remember though, playing with cross-play enabled allows you to play with a wider group and you’ll have an easier time finding matches, especially as time goes on. Infinity Ward is working to ban cheaters from the game and will be issuing more bans as cheating players are reported.
Easy to stock up
PlayStation gift cards are an easy way to grab currency for games, add-ons, themes and more on the PlayStation Store. They also come in a wide variety of denominations, which is perfect to start saving up for PlayStation 5 games.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Bold, brave decision may change what I think of war games
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Bold, brave decision may change what I think of war games
- March's PS Plus free games include Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
- PS Plus FREE games in March include COD: Modern Warfare Remastered
- I played Fortnite 18-hours a day and it almost cost me everything
- iPhones can now play ANY PS4 game thanks to Sony update
- iPhones can now play ANY PlayStation game thanks to latest PS4 update
- Women are crucial to realising the power of Britain's modern military
- How monarchies survive modernity
- John Cross sports insider column: Tiger Woods, FA Cup, VAR, Callum Hudson-Odoi
- New Xbox that costs £100 less ‘to launch in May’ – but could end up costing you a lot more
- Every Ofsted result for Greater Manchester schools published in 2019
- 17 campsites which prove Wales is a brilliant place for camping
- Autistic boy's treasured toys stolen in cruel burglary
- Rape game banned from Steam as sick gamers promise to make game ‘cult hit’ anyway
- Find out how this Burton care home did after visit from inspectors
- Burnley MP Julie Cooper column: Funding cuts to education leaving teachers under immense pressure
- The 2019 Cool List: The 60 coolest people in Bristol right now
- South Wales Echo letters: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Dublin Airport worker who fell over bag claims her golf has been affected by knee injury sustained in accident
How to disable cross-play in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PS4 have 826 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at April 21, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.