As America stays at home amid coronavirus, watching more TV than ever, an ever-growing list of streaming services vie for American eyeballs. Disney Plus has grown at a tremendous pace, Apple TV Plus has been giving away TV and movies for free and new services Peacock and Quibi are now available, soon to be joined by AT&T’s HBO Max on May 27. As the list of options continues to grow from the “old days” of just Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Hulu (Disney’s other platform), it threatens to become overwhelming. With the launch of Peacock and Quibi in April and HBO Max in May, now is a good time to stop, take a deep breath and look at the crowded landscape. Here’s a breakdown of where each new service stands right now and how it compares to Netflix. Read more: Best free TV streaming services: HBO, Roku, Sling TV, Pluto TV, Tubi TV and more The basics: Pricing, titles and more Plans for Disney, Apple and HBO Max are relatively straightforward. There’s a single plan for each service that includes 4K HDR streaming, mobile downloads and the ability for multiple people to watch at once. Netflix is a bit trickier with its three plans: They start at $8.99 a month… Read full this story
- HBO's $4.8 billion new streaming service Max launches TODAY to rival Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu - but will its hefty $15 per-month fee be its downfall?
- Too much TV? Enter HBO Max, the latest streaming wannabe
- More quarantine binge-watching: HBO Max is ready for streaming
- HBO Max Launch: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Streaming and pay TV: Bad economic times could make the battle for bucks much tougher
- HBO Max: The New Streaming Service Kicks Off In Style, Except For The Amazon/Roku Debacle
- Is HBO Max Worth It? Here’s What to Know About the New Streaming Service
- Furious HBO Max customers slam the service as 'shady' and 'disgusting' after discovering it can't be used on Roku or Amazon devices
- New To Amazon Prime Video In June 2020: More Movies, TV Shows, And Originals
- HBO Max Vs. HBO Go Vs. HBO Now: What's Are The Differences Between These Streaming Services?
HBO Max vs. Peacock vs. Quibi vs. Disney Plus vs. Apple TV Plus vs. Netflix: How streaming stacks up have 361 words, post on www.cnet.com at April 22, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.