The first is the long-deserted location Talsik Backlot, a remastered map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It sits in the middle of the Urzikstan desert, where a construction project has since been abandoned. Backlot features close-quarters combat in tight buildings and elevated sightlines perfect for snipers.
The Hovec Sawmill, a “three-lane map with a balance of mid to long-range sightlines,” is the second location. It’s an entirely new locale for Modern Warfare and has accessible rooftops for players to avoid the burning village and frenetic combat down below.
Lastly, the Aniyah Palace, which was featured in Ground War, is the third map and comes with an interesting twist. Instead of the 20 players the map used to hold, the new Aniyah Palace is “a more enclosed version of the area based around the central palace in Aniyah Incursion.” It has long sightlines and tiny crawl spaces excellent for slipping away to flank enemies. However, using Killstreaks is a little more difficult here thanks to the tighter, more compact area.
All three maps are available for owners of Modern Warfare on PC, PlayStation 4, or Xbox One, and can be played in 6v6 modes. You can check them all out below.
A host of additions and changes also came both Modern Warfare and its standalone battle royale experience, Call of Duty: Warzone, in Season 3. This includes a new Quads mode for Warzone, more Operators and weapons, customization options like skins, and more. Activision and Infinity Ward recently announced a big new player milestone for Warzone as well, along with strong performance on PS4.
In other Call of Duty news, Infinity Ward is still trying to get to the bottom of the Battle Pass tier progression bug. The studio is aware of the problem and working on resolving the issue, but currently, Infinity Ward has no word on when the bug will be ironed out. The free tier skip promotion lets anyone who purchased the Season 2 Battle Pass 10 free tier skips before the season concluded. Call of Duty Mobile has also added free-for-all back in as a temporary playlist as the developers continue cracking down on cheaters.
Call of Duty News
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Is Now Live, Here's The Patch Notes
- 'Call of Duty: Warzone' Season 7 Release Date - When Does A New Battle Pass Start?
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Haunting Of Verdansk: Zombies, Jigsaw, Night Map, More
- CoD: Black Ops - Cold War's default SMG is outclassing sniper rifles and ARs
- Call of Duty Warzone Combat Pack Season 6 unlocks exclusive items for PlayStation Plus users
- Black Ops Cold War’s multiplayer proves we don’t need a new Call of Duty every year
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Cross-Platform Saves Are Causing Issues With Achievements And Trophies
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Launching Nuketown '84 Map Alongside Double XP Event
- Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity Update Now Live, Here Are The Patch Notes
- Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity Day One Patch Now Live
- Harley Quinn Gets A Season 3 As Animated Series Finds New Home
- Rez And Tetris Effect Designer Working On New Synesthesia Game
- New Tomb Raider Game Coming To Mobile Next Year
- Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, And Watch Dogs Veterans Open New Studio
- Google launches AI platform to help cities plant more trees
- Resident Evil Reboot Movie Cast Announced, New Details Revealed
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area daily case numbers hit new record
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint Update 3.0 Is Live, Patch Notes Outlined
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure review - a gentle, charming and imaginative platformer
- It was touted as the first mainstream gay Christmas comedy. Unfortunately, this festive romcom is a turkey: BRIAN VINER reviews Happiest Season
CoD: Modern Warfare Season 3's New Maps Are Live On All Platforms have 889 words, post on www.gamespot.com at April 18, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.