The first is the long-deserted location Talsik Backlot, a remastered map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It sits in the middle of the Urzikstan desert, where a construction project has since been abandoned. Backlot features close-quarters combat in tight buildings and elevated sightlines perfect for snipers.
The Hovec Sawmill, a “three-lane map with a balance of mid to long-range sightlines,” is the second location. It’s an entirely new locale for Modern Warfare and has accessible rooftops for players to avoid the burning village and frenetic combat down below.
Lastly, the Aniyah Palace, which was featured in Ground War, is the third map and comes with an interesting twist. Instead of the 20 players the map used to hold, the new Aniyah Palace is “a more enclosed version of the area based around the central palace in Aniyah Incursion.” It has long sightlines and tiny crawl spaces excellent for slipping away to flank enemies. However, using Killstreaks is a little more difficult here thanks to the tighter, more compact area.
All three maps are available for owners of Modern Warfare on PC, PlayStation 4, or Xbox One, and can be played in 6v6 modes. You can check them all out below.
A host of additions and changes also came both Modern Warfare and its standalone battle royale experience, Call of Duty: Warzone, in Season 3. This includes a new Quads mode for Warzone, more Operators and weapons, customization options like skins, and more. Activision and Infinity Ward recently announced a big new player milestone for Warzone as well, along with strong performance on PS4.
In other Call of Duty news, Infinity Ward is still trying to get to the bottom of the Battle Pass tier progression bug. The studio is aware of the problem and working on resolving the issue, but currently, Infinity Ward has no word on when the bug will be ironed out. The free tier skip promotion lets anyone who purchased the Season 2 Battle Pass 10 free tier skips before the season concluded.
Call of Duty News
- Real estate: Lennar Homes adds new phase to Durham Farms
- New apartments, care center debut in North Tacoma
- How to do Cape Cod like a local
- The New Grand Marais: Modern Vacations on the North Shore
- 36 Hours in Outer Cape Cod
- New music: Beyonce's bloated, BTS is slight, Lizzo's just right
- 54 things to see and do while driving down the New England coast
- Navy works on 'breakthrough' new attack submarine for 2030s
- Sports Biz: OKC needs a modern outdoor multiuse stadium
- Maine Company to Preserve Skeleton of Whale Beached on Cape Cod
- Cape Cod Tornado Damage: Hotel Roof Ripped Off, Trees Downed
- Cape Cod rentals are having an unexpectedly slow summer
- Navy sets sights on new submarine weapons
- ‘Minecraft’ Village and Pillage Update 1.14 Brings New Smithing Table, Blast Furnace Upgrades, Bamboo and More
- ALION HOSTS OPEN HOUSE AT ITS NEW SYSTEM SUSTAINMENT CENTER
- How Henry Ford paved the way for the modern day road trip
- Friday’s NFL notebook: Patriots add receiver cut by Saints
- Why New York harbor is the cleanest it’s been in 110 years
- A look back at New Orleans' 300-year-long drainage drama
- Buddy Cianci is the new ‘Hamilton’
CoD: Modern Warfare Season 3 Adds Three New Maps, Live Now have 812 words, post on www.gamespot.com at April 17, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.