The first Pokémon Go event in March involves the return of Team Go Rocket, the dastardly group that has corrupted Pokémon in an attempt to take over the world of the popular mobile game.
During the event, Poison and Dark-type Pokémon appear more frequently in the wild. This includes Pokémon like Zubat, Koffing, Ekans and other monsters that Team Rocket frequently use.
The event also gives players a chance to catch Absol in the wild as opposed to during a Raid. This rare Dark-type Pokémon is something players will want to hunt down before the event period ends.
If you want to take full advantage of the Team Go Rocket Takeover event, here’s everything you need to know including its start time.
POKEMON GO TEAM GO ROCKET EVENT START TIME
The latest Team Go Rocket Takeover event begins Friday, March 6 at 8 a.m. to Monday, March 9 at 10 p.m. local time.
Skorupi will appear more frequently in the wild alongside fellow Poison and Dark-type Pokémon. However, the Poison and Bug-type Pokémon will also have its Shiny variant debut in Pokémon Go during this event.
While Shiny Skorupi will be a regular part of Pokémon Go after the takeover ends, the chance of encountering it is increased during the event window.
Shiny Skorupi changes from its usual bluish purple color to a bright red hue, so it’s easy to spot. Trainers must encounter a Skorupi in the wild before finding out if it’s a Shiny or not.
TEAM GO ROCKET TAKEOVER & SHADOW POKEMON BUFF
Starting Saturday, March 7 from 2-5 p.m. local time, Team Go Rocket Grunts and Leaders will appear more frequently at PokeStops.
Shadow Pokémon rescued from the Team Go Rocket Leaders (Sierra, Cliff, Arlo) have a chance at being Shiny. Also, during the takeover, trainers will be able to rescue all six of the Shadow Pokémon left behind by Team Go Rocket Leaders.
Trainers may have already noticed, but Shadow Pokémon have increased damage, making them some of the hardest-hitting Pokémon in the game. The tradeoff is that Shadow Pokémon’s defenses are lower than usual, however.
During the Takeover on Saturday, trainers can use a Charged TM to change Frustration into a new attack. It should be noted that trainers who purify these Pokémon will have the move Return replace any attack learned from the Charged TM.
Players who defeat the Team Go Rocket Grunt Leaders will also receive double the Stardust for their victory.
What do you think of the upcoming Team Go Rocket event? Which Shadow Pokémon is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section.
- NXT TakeOver: New Orleans predictions, matches, card, start time, rumors, date
- NXT TakeOver: New Orleans matches, card, rumors, date, location, start time
- Cavs move start time to give Indians center stage in Cleveland
- WWE WrestleMania 34 matches, card, rumors, date, 2018 location, start time
- WWE WrestleMania 34 predictions, card, matches, start time, date, preview
- WWE WrestleMania 34 predictions, card, matches, start time, date, preview, location
- NXT TakeOver: New Orleans card, matches, start time, rumors, date, location
- That Warriors-Rockets Epic May Well Be Over
- 5 WWE NXT Stars That Benefited from TakeOver: San Antonio
- Come Watch the Warriors-Rockets Series With Us From an Expert’s Couch
- Warriors News: Omri Casspi Cut To Open Spot For Quinn Cook As Team Preps For Playoffs Without Steph Curry
- With 50-Point Quarter, Rockets Rout the Timberwolves
- N.B.A. Playoffs: Jazz Steal a Win on the Road Over Rockets
- Houston Rockets Trounce Knicks in another offensive showcase
- N.B.A. Western Conference Finals Preview: Rockets vs. Warriors
- Rocket Watts updates his recruitment, while Malik Hall continues to pile up offers
- What time does ROH Final Battle 2016 start?
- WWE NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn
- WWE Week in Review: Goldberg vs. Owens is set, Cena vs. Orton one more time
- NXT TakeOver New Orleans results, recap, grades: Three new champions in best show yet
'Pokémon Go' Team Go Rocket Takeover Event: Start Time, Shiny Skorupi & More have 647 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 5, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.