Home • Some Distant Memory • 1 Blast from the past Katharine Castle Hardware Editor 25th March 2020 / 7:30AM When I first played Some Distant Memory about a month ago, I would have said it was like a futuristic point and click version of Gone Home. In it, you play a mech’d-up archaeologist called Zal, who stumbles on an old house from before The Collapse, an apocalyptic event that sent the world into disarray and left only tiny pockets of humanity intact. During the course of its two-hour runtime, you poke around the house, discover old objects left behind by the family that lived there, and use them to reconstruct memories and events from them with the help of your AI robot pal Arora. It’s a sweet story, but it didn’t leave a particularly deep impression on me. Fast forward to today, when the entire country has practically gone into lockdown, and it’s taken on quite a different meaning. If someone discovered my home 300 years from now, what conclusions would they draw from it? Would they marvel at the mountains of old graphics cards stuck in my office, or would they do a big yikes at the equally… Read full this story
- End to traffic congestion predicted but we may have to give up control of our cars to achieve it
- Which game have you spent the most time playing?
- Good Night's Sleep Key to Strong Memories
- Jackson, Grizzlies spoil Parker's night, beat Spurs 113-109
- Macaulay Culkin, gun nuts, and Detroit bands close out SXSW 2014
- Have YOU lost your libido? Doctors reveal how to spice things up between the sheets (and missionary ISN'T off the menu)
- Vulture’s 2019 Grammy Predictions
- Love Island's Charlie Brake goes Instagram OFFICIAL with billionaire heiress Kimberley Owen... as she films cosy dinner amid blossoming romance
- Goats, bonfires and eggs: four city slickers head for the farm
- 'Diesel Brothers' Talk 'Crazier' Builds, Heartwarming Moments in New Season
Have You Played... Some Distant Memory? have 328 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.