Half-Life has always been a bit of a horror game. While over-the-top sci-fi action dominated the first game, Half-Life 2 took a more somber turn in its exploration of a tyrannized Earth, post-alien invasion. It introduced creepier, more threatening enemies, bigger, scarier mysteries, and even tried to give players nightmares with its iconic Ravenholm chapter. Now a new Half-Life game is here in the form of Half-Life: Alyx, and as our review mentions, Alyx certainly has fun “tapping into a horror element that Half-Life had only previously toyed with.” As you’d expect, VR only accentuates those horror elements more. But according to Valve level designer Dario Casali and programmer Kerry Davis, Half-Life: Alyx could have been even scarier.”It started scarier, for sure,” Casali told GameSpot. “I was very respectful in not trying to push it too far, because I didn’t want to lose a certain segment of people who might not have been able to continue.”Casali recounted a story of one anonymous team member who can’t stand to be in the same room as a headcrab: “He’d just pull off the headset and say, ‘I’m not going anywhere in there!'”Headcrabs–Half-Life’s most iconic enemies–are a common threat in Half-Life: Alyx (and… Read full this story
- 10 ways to avoid elbow pain
- 100 properties face the wrecking ball to make way for MetroLink
- Boost your iPhone battery life – 8 easy tricks to make your charge last longer
- 12 ways to save money by cutting water waste
- Six ways to stop your pampered pet taking a huge bite out of your budget
- 'It feels like the big circle of life: to have lost Mum last year, then both me and my sister having babies'
- 'This show is fun, but it can change someone's life as well'
- 'We never expected that his life would be so short'
- Toby Carvery meals are HALF PRICE – but deal runs out tomorrow
- Nine ways to boost children's resilience
Half-Life: Alyx Was Originally Way Scarier have 332 words, post on www.gamespot.com at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.