Home • PC Game Reviews • Tales From Off-Peak City • 2 Sounds good Nate Crowley Reviews Editor 11th February 2020 / 1:00PM So, let’s be real up front: I was dreading playing Tales From Off-Peak City Volume 1.. For whatever reason, my brain has barely any appetite for unlocking locked doors, solving mysteries, unravelling conspiracies or piecing together intricately implied backstories. A lot of adventure games just ain’t for me, because I’m a brute and a philistine. Added to that, I’ve got an abiding fear of being outed as intellectually inferior, and nothing makes that anxiety tingle like high-brow stories about music, a subject that makes me feel like a complete, trudging dunce. And here was this first-person point and click game, set in an intellectually formidable surrealist landscape, about stealing a famous jazzman’s saxophone and getting sucked into a shadowy world where all was not as it seemed. Our Adam Smith described Off-Peak’s predecessor, The Norwood Suite, as being about discovering the secrets behind a hotel, but really being about “learning about music and the creative process”. I knew I was going to hate it, not because it was going to be bad, but because it was going… Read full this story
- Call for 're-think' on £300million City Centre South scheme
- What does Zabaleta think of Man City?
- Hard not to think where Hull City would be had Abel Hernandez not been injured
- Fascinating tales from city’s Folktown district
- What do you think about Preston city centre?
- Bristol City vs Hull City LIVE team news and updates
- Fans and our writers pick their Cardiff City Premier League XI
- Leroy Sane names Chelsea as the one club to rival Manchester City for Premier League title this season
- Liverpool players could not hear each other over Anfield's noise during Manchester City win, says Dejan Lovren
- Liverpool told what they must do to maintain City momentum
Wot I Think: Tales From Off-Peak City Volume 1 have 320 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at February 11, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.