Home • 3 One Off The List Brendan Caldwell List Goblin 21st February 2020 / 10:02AM The greasy realm of the videogame is not always the best place to look for good writing. For every Disco Elysium there are roughly 800 Detroit: Beyond Humans. But it is a good place to look for wondrous, over-the-top nonsense. I’m talking about character dialogue so flamboyant and exaggerated, you could insert some line breaks and it would instantly become a verse in a glam rock anthem. Here are the 12 most extravagant, exuberant, and intense lines of dialogue. In games, subtext is just whatever’s written on the side of the nuclear submarine. “Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son-of-a-bitch in space” – Gunnery officer, Mass Effect 2 This military officer is very angry at his underlings. Luckily, he is an expert of communicating that anger in a productive manner through liberal revision of Newton’s laws of motion. Imagine a physics teacher who joined the royal marines for 10 years and went back to teach in his old school, screaming “No credit for partial answers, maggot” at the Year 10s. This 1 minute and 18 seconds of dressing down, delivered with all the terrifying… Read full this story
- Razer Announces Starcraft II Line of Gaming Peripherals
- Nationals see silver lining in Game 3's hitting woes
- AOC Launches New Line of Gaming Monitors
- Corsair Announces Vengeance Line of Gaming Peripherals
- Blurring the line between games and life
- Razer's Gaming Laptop Line Gets Slimmer With the Blade Stealth
- Rocket League UPDATE: PS4 and Xbox Patch Notes confirmed for Season 12 release
- Please can the national good mood continue long after these games have ended?
- Hampshire shuts out Dundee-Crown to snap 24-game losing streak
- Best of Week 8: How to watch the top 25 games, picks, news and betting tips
The 12 most extravagant lines of dialogue in games have 296 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.