Capcom has released a netcode “adjustment” for Street Fighter 5.
Street Fighter chief Yoshinori Ono took to Twitter to say this adjustment is available for all players, and called on fans to send feedback Capcom’s way.
We hope you’re enjoying #SFVCE and thank you for all the support!A netcode adjustment has been made to the game and is available now for all players.We ask that you send your feedback to @SFVServer. Please enjoy and look forward to #CPT2020 #SFL2020 #IntelWorldOpen starting soon! pic.twitter.com/r6DirOrqUn
— Yoshinori Ono (@Yoshi_OnoChin) February 19, 2020
Street Fighter 5’s netcode has been a point of controversy for some time, but it recently hit the headlines after a modder issed a self-made fix.
In January, Redditor Altimor, who had created hitbox viewers for Guilty Gear Xrd and Dragon Ball FighterZ in the past, took just two days to address a bug that had plagued Street Fighter 5 online play since the game launched back in 2016. This bug could cause one players’ game to lag behind the other’s during online play. This sparked one-sided “rollback” for one player, while the unaffected player remained oblivious.
Last night, Capcom brought Street Fighter 5 offline for maintenance, and when it came back online some players reported Altimor’s mod no longer worked with the game. Ono then took to Twitter to clarify Capcom had issued some sort of online play tweak, although it has yet to detail the changes.
Players are testing the game now to try to get a sense of whether or not online play has improved. Early reports seem cautiously optimistic.
— R?Z?R Xian (@XianMSG) February 19, 2020
Played SFV netcode patch for 6 hours
— TS|Sabin (@nycfurby) February 19, 2020
Played for 4 hours roughly. Played Japan-Korea-Chinese players. China is normally unplayable and laggy especially with PC players. Today it was playable but still not the best. Overall roughly 5 connections were bad, it seems its a bit better personally. How much exactly idk
— END | Shine (@Shine_NYC) February 19, 2020
Netcode was pretty good too me today I think the fix may have worked but who cares about all that when the crispiest seth in the world has the clips on deck pic.twitter.com/YFiWdRP1uB
— Punk (@PunkDaGod) February 19, 2020
People are also digging into the update to try to work out what’s changed, and early attempts suggest Capcom was at least in part inspired by Altimor’s work. It’s worth noting Altimor has said it’s unlikely Capcom intentionally broke their mod.
If this is true, they did apply a similar fix to Altimore patch?https://t.co/IeNqpVJS0s
— HiFight(??????) (@HiFightTH) February 19, 2020
Capcom recently released Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition, which gave every character a second V-Skill and added Seth to the roster of playable characters. That will have sparked an influx of new players to the four-year-old fighting game, so this new netcode adjustment is welcome.
- Arcade1Up is bringing Marvel vs. Capcom, X-Men vs. Street Fighter cabinets home
- Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono reveals his next position after Capcom
- E3 2021: How To Watch Capcom's Presentation and What To Expect
- Capcom to Release Two 'Major' Games Before March 2019
- Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown review - imperfect version of an all-time great
- New Ms. Pac-Man and TMNT Arcade1Up Machines Unveiled, Along With 12 Capcom Games In A Big Blue Box
- ‘RE Village’ DLC, ‘Ace Attorney Chronicles’: Capcom at E3 2021
- E3 2021 Schedule: Nintendo, Capcom, Take-Two, And More
- Tekken 8: Release date, story info, characters and more for Bandai Namco game
- Uncharted Movie: Release Date, Plot, Characters - Everything We Know So Far
- Streets Of Rage 4 review – no need to get angry
- British Government Wins Case to Stop Early Release of Terrorist
- Super Smash Bros. getting more than five DLC fighters, Banjo-Kazooie today, Terry Bogard in November
- On the trail of the odd one out in the Virtua Fighter series
- Techrules Ren is road-going fighter plane with 1,287-hp turbine-hybrid
- Drone refuels Navy fighter jet for the first time
- The Smartest Investors on Wall Street Just Bought These Top Tech Stocks
- New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game from Streets Of Rage 4 co-developer
- 3 Reddit Stocks That Could Fall 75% to 94%, According to Wall Street
- AMC Networks Posts Softer Q1 Revenue On Advertising And Licensing Slide, But Profit Beats Wall Street Forecasts
Capcom releases Street Fighter 5 netcode "adjustment" have 726 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at February 19, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.