A punter was allegedly served a pint of beer line cleaning fluid at a busy pub which left her mouth in agony.
Sarah Beavis’ partner says she suffered a badly burnt mouth after accidentally consuming the ‘drink’ at Walkabout in Newquay.
Her partner Dan Lister ordered what he believed was a pint of beer but says he saw Sarah start to panic after taking a mouthful.
He claims that when he smelt the glass it smelt of ‘bleach’.
Dan, who lives in Truro and works as a construction site manager, says that despite numerous complaints and emails he has yet to been given a formal apology for the alleged mix-up on January 12.
A spokesperson for Walkabout in Newquay told Cornwall Live they are in the process of a full investigation.
Dan said: “I’ve got a little girl so we went to Newquay to go to the aquarium.
“We used to live in Australia, only coming back 18 months ago so we thought we’d go to Walkabout for the nostalgia.
“We went up to the bar at about 1pm and there was a blackboard advertising Little Creatures which is a beer from Perth.
“I’ve had it before so fancied it. I asked if it was on.
“The girl behind the bar radioed her manager as there wasn’t a label on the pint and he told her what pump it was on. She then poured it.”
Dan then described how his partner, unsure of what to have, wanted a sip of his beer to see if she liked it with the view of ordering the same.
He added: “My partner tried it, she was full of cold so couldn’t really taste much at first.
“I was four or five feet away and not really paying attention as the football was on. To me it just looked like a badly poured beer with no head.
“But then, when she took a mouthful and ingested it, she started to panic.
“Sarah had her hand on her mouth and wanted something to split the fluid back into, eventually spitting it back into the glass.
“She was saying her mouth was burning and when I smelt the glass it tasted of bleach.”
Sarah was then given a glass of water and went to the doctors soon after, fortunately getting the all clear.
Dan, whose daughter Florence was born in Australia, made a complaint but claims that since then he’s been pushed from pillar to post between the pub and the chain that owns it.
He said: “It’s all been so lackadaisical. We were served line cleaner which is corrosive and shouldn’t be ingested. Sarah was quite shaken up by this.
“We’ve had no apology and if I hadn’t been pushing it I wouldn’t have heard a word.
“I worked in bars in my 20s and done all my health and safety training through work and know the cleaning fluid shouldn’t been left in the lines.
“They should not have been doing this after 12 when they’re open to the public.”
A spokesperson for Walkabout in Newquay, said: “We are in the process of carrying out a full investigation into the incident.”
- 'He's a three time world champion... now he's mopping floors and serving beer': Inside the new brewery bar owned by surfer Mick Fanning and his mates
- 'Baby-faced' Coronation Street star Sam Aston left blushing as pub landlady demands ID before serving him
- Is Brexit set to give Bolsover a beasting? Under veteran MP Dennis Skinner, it's been Labour for decades, but the Derbyshire town has been left behind by the party's Remainer elite... and the consequences could be seismic
- Conservative activist working to clean up America's cities
- John Bercow’s No2 Sir Lindsay Hoyle WINS race to replace him as Speaker vowing a clean break to restore Parliament's 'tarnished' reputation - before delivering tearful tribute to his tragic daughter
- The battle to make Grimsby great again
- Nigel Farage – Five things you didn’t know about the Brexit Party leader
- How to find every Outer Worlds companion
- West Ham know Stratford makes sense but Upton Park goodbye will be hard
- Celebrity deaths 2019: The famous faces and notable figures we said goodbye to this year
- “Thirteen” going on “30 Something”: Growing up according to pop music
- My search for the real Robin Hood
- 'Everybody thought we were toxic waste'
- Madness and Glory: (15,16,17): Freedom
- Delay be damned: Boris Johnson says he will refuse to postpone Brexit even if he's LEGALLY required - forcing him to resign or MPs to kick him out - as Jeremy Corbyn prepares to block election on Monday
- Joss Whedon gives the best answer yet as to why he's back for
- Surprising Keystone not just a ski resort for families
- One million species of plants and animals are now threatened with EXTINCTION, UN warns in landmark 1,000-page report that says we must eat less meat, walk more and ditch plastics to save the planet
- Inside the Cell Where a Sick 16-Year-Old Boy Died in Border Patrol Care
- Turner prize winners Assemble: 'Art? We're more interested in plumbing'
Woman 'left in agony' after being 'served corrosive pint of cleaning fluid' at busy pub have 843 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 30, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.