Nine years after the launch of the game streaming platform Twitch, the content hardcore gamers most vocally reviled has officially become its most watched: just talking. A new report from stream management site StreamElements indicates that, in December, Twitch viewers watched 81 million hours of “Just Chatting,” Twitch’s category for streamers who do exactly that, plus any number of grab bag activities. That was a solid seven million hours more than the first game listed, League of Legends, and 23 million more than the second, Fortnite. The popularity of “Just Chatting” is bleeding into January, too, and according to StreamElements, non-gaming may be Twitch’s number two category in 2020. Related Stories Programmed Want Free Coding Lessons? Twitch Makes It Happen in Real Time Klint Finley Replay Ninja Is Leaving Twitch. What’s Next? Julie Muncy The Monitor 2 Million People Streamed the Fortnite World Cup Finals Angela Watercutter While it might not be surprising that people on the internet want to communicate with charismatic strangers over Twitch, it wasn’t long ago that streamers feared they’d face a stern suspension after getting caught chatting too long in lieu of popping heads in Call of Duty. In fact, Twitch’s rules of conduct strongly… Read full this story
- Owners of homestays in Kodagu finally have something to cheer about
- Strictly's Maisie Smith and HRVY 'finally have their first kiss as romance heats up'
- Blues finally deliver Stanley Cup to St. Louis
- I have not played Cyberpunk 2077 but it’s my favorite game of the year
- Strictly Come Dancing rakes in 13MILLION viewers during Saturday's final to become the most-watched non-news TV show of 2020
- Coronavirus puts Final Fantasy VII Remake arrival out of Square Enix’s control
- Jenna Fischer talks Blues’ Stanley Cup Final run, ‘The Office’
- Doctor who tested Covid-19 vaccines on a thousand volunteers finally gets his shot
- Shanghai to enhance management of non-motor vehicles
- Maharashtra student body raises plight of non-permanent teachers during Covid-19
Twitch's Non-Gamers Are Finally Having Their Moment have 329 words, post on www.wired.com at January 9, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.