A mother has been left devastated after her ten-year-old daughter died in a house fire years after the schoolgirl’s baby twin lost his life.
Cherrie Rangley’s daughter Paige was killed in a house fire in Hull along with the child’s father Garry Bolton, 47, on Saturday morning years after the girl’s twin brother Ethan died at birth in 2009.
The house fire was allegedly started by Paige’s father who is believed to have barricaded himself and Paige in a bedroom before starting the blaze.
A friend of the heartbroken mother has now shared that the mother cried ‘I’m a mum with no kids left’ as she visited the tributes left outside the house by those in the community.
Paige Bolton (pictured with mother Cherrie Rangley) died in hospital after a house fire in Hull on Saturday morning
The fire that killed the schoolgirl (pictured) was allegedly started by Paige’s father Garry Bolton, 47, who is believed to have barricaded himself and Paige in a bedroom before starting the blaze
She told The Sun Online: ‘She can’t stop crying. She is blaming herself for allowing Paige to live with her dad. She had seen her a few weeks before.
‘She was a beautiful little girl with perfect manners and always did what she was told. I feel so sorry for her and her poor mum.
‘Cherie wanted to go there, to see where her daughter died. I don’t think she could really believe it happened.’
Following the fire, Paige’s father Garry Bolton, 47, died at the scene of the blaze on Wensley Avenue, in Cottingham, while daughter, Paige, died later in hospital.
Humberside Police named the father and daughter but said Paige will not be formally identified until a post-mortem examination has been completed.
A spokesman said: ‘We can now confirm that the man who sadly died in a fire at a property in Wensley Avenue, Hull, on Saturday is 47-year-old Garry Bolton.
‘We believe the girl who passed away to be his 10-year-old daughter Paige.’
Emergency services were alerted to the fire at the house when a neighbour made a 999 call at around 7.49am on Saturday.
Crews from Humberside Fire and Rescue Service went into the property and located Mr Bolton and Paige.
Neighbours had tried to break down the door to alert the two people inside.
Police said a post-mortem examination was carried out on Mr Bolton on Sunday.
A friend of the heartbroken mother (pictured with daughter Paige) shared how the mother cried ‘I’m a mum with no kids left’ as she visited tributes left outside the house
Chief Superintendent Darren Downs said: ‘We are continuing to support the families of those involved at this very difficult time and our thoughts are with them.
‘Investigations into this kind of incident are very complex and take time to complete.’
He asked that people ‘avoid speculating about the circumstances’ of the incident and for anyone with any information to get in touch with the force.
A force spokesman said investigations are continuing but they are not able to provide any further updates or details about the incident at this time.
Neighbour Carl Goodfellow said he had tried to rescue those inside after he spotted smoke coming from the house, and shouted through the letterbox in an attempt to raise the alarm.
Emergency services rushes to the property on Wensley Avenue, in Cottingham, after the blaze was reported (pictured, the scene on Saturday)
‘We tried to break the door down, but them composite doors are a bit strong,’ he told the BBC.
‘I was banging on the window to try and get some attention, but there was nothing.
‘We did try to alert him, but there was no response.’
The property was cordoned off by police on Saturday afternoon, while emergency services worked to establish the cause of the blaze.
Investigators wearing white forensic suits were seen working at the house, where flowers and a toy rabbit have been left in tribute near the police cordon.
- Baby Twins Die After Being Left in Hot Car in The Bronx, Father Charged With Manslaughter
- Jodie Chesney's grieving father pays a tearful visit to the scene where his 17-year-old daughter was killed amid claims she 'may have been knifed in the back as part of a gang initiation'
- Chef, 46, 'murdered his estranged wife, 26, and two daughters aged five and six on New Year's Day in a dispute over his immigration status in Britain'
- ‘I’ve done it… I’ve bashed her brains in’: Father who killed his girlfriend, 29, with a barbell while their baby daughter slept nearby is jailed for 24 years
- 10 episodes that show off
- Mother who lost four of her five children in a petrol bomb attack on her home dies 20 months later from horrific injuries she suffered, as heartbroken family say she has 'gone to join her babies'
- Joe Biden derides reporter for asking him about son Hunter's baby with 28-year-old ex-college athlete - then tells a heckler to vote for Donald Trump!
- How do you tell your children that, in just weeks, they’ll be orphans? Mother who had IVF before being diagnosed with terminal cancer reveals the joyous optimism that will be their true legacy
- Fury as police 'threaten to ARREST locals' for tearing down family flowers left after 'tragic death' of burglar while fire brigade fit smoke alarms in house OAP has had to flee due to fear of reprisals from travellers
- Grieving widow Mavis Eccleston, 80, who was cleared of 'mercy killing' murder of her terminally ill husband tells how she was locked in a police cell for 30 hours - in her nightie
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Body in a suitcase' murderer boyfriend writes a poem of regret about being a bad father and ex Heather Mack's 'drug addiction' as his daughter is taken away from prison
- Mother searches for mystery grieving couple who gave their daughter a ‘priceless’ gold ring at Disney because she is ‘adorable’ like their child who died
- Happy birthday Sanjay Dutt: 10 pics to prove how family is everything for him
- Real Housewives Of Atlanta star Kandi Burruss welcomes a baby daughter via surrogate
- PICTURED: Three-year-old twin girls found dead in foster parents' car parked in the backyard of a Georgia home in 92F heat after their carers dialed 911 when the sisters were discovered missing
- The twins who are also half brothers! Gay couple welcome sons born via surrogate after creating two embryos from the same egg donor but using sperm from each dad
- 42 babies and three mothers died at hospital trust with 'toxic' culture dating back 40 years in the 'largest maternity scandal in NHS history', leaked report reveals
- Hey, Orange! Only 2 Days Left To Vote for 'Superstar Mom of the Year!'
- Brooke Skylar Richardson breaks her silence two months after being acquitted of murder to reveal she visits her baby's grave every week and says her 'horrible' trial drove her to 'starve and purge' herself
- Girl, 4 diagnosed with brain tumour while visiting her sick twin brother in hospital as he battles leukaemia
'I've got no kids left': Mother's agony over daughter, 10, who was killed with father in house blaze that he started - ten years after girl's baby twin died have 1184 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 27, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.