Infinity Ward has provided an update on the ongoing issue with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare that has, in some cases, wiped players’ stats and reset other elements of the military shooter. The new problems with Modern Warfare come just after the newest patch came out, featuring a new crossbow weapon and more.
A new fix has been released, and because it’s a “backend” patch, you don’t need to download anything, Infinity Ward said in a blog post. The update addresses two main areas, the first of which are loadout slots.
People who created classes in the slots will notice that they have been reset to default. While less than ideal, Infinity Ward said this will only happen once. Those who never created additional classes in the slots won’t see any changes. The new patch also addresses a bug that could cause the game to kick players back to the multiplayer screen when they clicked on the slots.
The second item addressed in the new Modern Warfare patch relates to the error prompt that some players have experienced. Players who saw the error prompt and clicked “Yes” had their multiplayer statistics wiped, but Infinity Ward says not to worry. All progression-related statistics–including weapon progression, rank, XP, and more–are still intact and will be restored later.
Infinity Ward says you can still play Modern Warfare with the confidence of knowing your stats are being tracked. However, in some cases, the studio might have to roll them back once a fix is ready.
“We’re actively working on a fix for this, but do not have one to deploy tonight,” Infinity Ward said late in the night on January 22. “You are still able to play the game as usual and your progression will still track, but please be aware that once we do have a fix, we may have to roll back your stats to the state they were in prior to today’s update.”
Keep checking back with GameSpot for the latest on this matter.
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1.09 Update Patch Notes Revealed
- When is Call of Duty Modern Warfare Season 4 coming out? Warzone update latest
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare Review: A fun reboot obsessed with the grim and nasty
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare re-adds the maps that disappeared in April
- "White supremacist" OK hand gesture removed from 'Call of Duty' games
- The Best Mac-10 Loadouts in Call of Duty: Warzone | Digital Trends
- The Best Weapons in Call of Duty: Warzone | Digital Trends
- Sources: Call of Duty 2020 In Upheaval As Treyarch Takes Over, Plans Black Ops 5
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Season 3 live now, as Verdansk continues the COD legacy of destruction and renewal
- All Warzone Bunker Locations Across Verdansk '84 | Digital Trends
- The best FPS games | Digital Trends
- The Best Co-op Games for 2021 | Digital Trends
- The Best Battle Royale Games | Digital Trends
- How Botanical Oils Won Over the West
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Stat Reset Bug -- Infinity Ward Still Has No Fix have 721 words, post on www.gamespot.com at January 23, 2020. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.