In August, Sheryl Crow released her eleventh and final studio album, Threads, featuring a tracklist chock-full of collaborations: Willie Nelson, St. Vincent, Brandi Carlile and many more. This week, Crow appeared on The Ellen Degeneres Show to perform a cut from the record, “Prove You Wrong,” with none other than Stevie Nicks as her vocal partner and tambourine player.
Afterwards, Ellen came up on stage and congratulated Nicks for being the first woman to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame twice — first as a member of Fleetwood Mac, and then as a solo artist. The talk show host then asked Crow why she had chosen to make Threads her final record.
“I’ve grown up with records, I pored over Rumours and Fleetwood Mac as well as James Taylor and Carole King,” Crow said. “These were the records that made me want to do what I’m doing. But people don’t listen to records anymore. You can go in and spend a ton of money and spend your whole life making a full story, and then people just cherry-pick and playlists — which is not a bad thing, but I now love the idea of just putting out music if I have something to say. And don’t we all have something to say right now?”
Crow performed at this year’s CMAs, playing a cover of “Me and Bobby McGee” with Dierks Bentley to honor Kris Kristofferson. In January, she’ll be performing at Nashville’s War Memorial Auditorium as part of The Lantern Tour II, along with Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle and other artists.
Popular on Rolling Stone
- The 85 best shows on BBC iPlayer to watch right now
- 75 best horror movies and series on Netflix to watch right now
- 80 best horror movies and series on Netflix to watch right now
- The 70 best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The 36 best movies to watch on Disney Plus
- 36 best movies to watch on Disney Plus
- The 47 best movies on HBO Max right now
- The Best Movies Leaving Amazon Prime Video at the End of May | Digital Trends
- The Best Horror Movies on Hulu Right Now (June 2021) | Digital Trends
- The Best Action Movies on Hulu Right Now (June 2021) | Digital Trends
- The Biggest Surprises and Snubs of the 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees
- The 2018 Sundance Lineup Has Been Announced
- ‘Friends’: Six Lives on Videotape
- NHL Mock Draft: Owen Power tops 2021 prospect class
- The Best Movies and Shows on Shudder | Digital Trends
- Ranking the
- The 55 best HBO series streaming right now
- Celebs who went back to normal jobs - from a firefighter to a cheese maker
- The 50 Best Gangster Movies of All Time
- America’s Got Talent 2021 LIVE – Season 16 back tonight after ‘peacock guy’ Sethward stole the show last week
Watch Sheryl Crow, Stevie Nicks Perform ‘Prove You Wrong’ on ‘Ellen’ have 448 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at December 4, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.