Accordingly, the programme will include an incense offering to Lord Nguyen Phuc Khoat (1714-1765) and Emperor Minh Mang (1791-1841). It is believed that the ‘Ao Dai’ was created under the rule of Nguyen Phuc Khoat, during the Nguyen Lords rule (1558-1777).
Later in 1837, Minh Mang, the Nguyen Dynasty’s second king, issued a decree to make the ao dai a national dress for all regions. He instructed all people to wear the garment on a daily basis, not just for special occasions.
A show featuring Ao Dai designs from the past and the present will take place along Truong Tien Bridge, around Tinh Tam Lake and Co Ha Garden to introduce to the public to the charm of the traditional Vietnamese outfit.
The programme will also encourage Hue women, female civil workers and students to wear Ao Dai during the Hue Festival 2020, which will be observed from April 1 to 6, 2020.
Under the theme “Cultural Heritage in Integration and Development – Always a New Hue”, the Hue festival 2020 will mark the 20th year for the festival, which has been established one of the biggest cultural and arts events in the country.
The 2020 event is expected to feature the diversification of both traditional and contemporary art and cultural performances. The event will also provide a chance to promote tourism and boost socio-economic development in the ancient city of Hue.
- Twenty countries to join Hue Festival 2020
- Vietcombank becomes bronze sponsor for Hue Festival 2018
- BIDV donates VND1 billion to Hue Festival
- Hanoi named as host of Vietnam Tourism and Cultural Heritage Festival
- Ao Dai - Vietnamese traditional custom to be displayed in New York
- Festival to honour áo dài based on songs by Trịnh Công Sơn
- Hue folk singing to be taught at school
- Festival director strives to keep tradition alive
- Vietnamese beers present at Berlin beer festival for 18 years
- Film festival begins in Da Nang
- Vietnamese beer joins int’l beer festival in Berlin
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- Numerous events mark 1,050th anniversary of Vietnam’s first feudal state
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- Your Next iPhone Might Be Made in Vietnam. Thank the Trade War.
- Vietnam, RoK look towards 100 bln USD trade by 2020
- Ambassador: Vietnam, Russia enjoy fruitful cooperative ties
- 12th Vietnam trade union congress kicks off in Hanoi
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
Vietnam’s Ao Dai to be highlighted at Hue Festival 2020 have 410 words, post on dtinews.vn at December 18, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.