A stolen car that was being driven on its rims after speeding through a spike strip narrowly missed cars as it veered across a three-lane motorway and into a bush.
The high-speed crash took place on the South-Western Motorway in South Auckland on Saturday.
Ben Scott was in the passenger seat of a truck on the busy motorway when he spotted police chasing the out-of-control car and started filming.
Officers approached the stolen car with tasers after in veered off the highway
Mr Scott told the NZ Herald the approaching car sounded like ‘someone had put a brick in a washing machine.’
Dramatic vision showed the black car sliding out of control on its rims before swerving across the lanes and rolling into bushes.
He then stopped the car to continue filming as police officers in pursuit pulled over on the side of the road and ran towards the bushes armed with tasers.
A police spokesperson told the Herald the crash the man driving the car was suspected of being involved in an aggravated burglary in Auckland’s CBD.
‘The driver was signalled to stop and when it failed to do so a pursuit was initiated. It was quickly abandoned shortly due to the manner of driving,’ the spokesperson said.
The driver was arrested and is set to appear in Auckland District Court for multiple charges including failing to stop, operating a motor vehicle recklessly, excess breath alcohol and failing to stop to ascertain injury in a crash.
Pictured: Mr Scott captured the crash footage from the passenger seat of a truck
- PM plunges England back into March-style lock-down: Schools are shut as public are told again to Stay Home, Save Lives and Protect the NHS until at least the end of February - IF vaccine roll-out to 13.2million people succeeds
- Battle royale on lockdown as Boris faces Tory demands to drop ALL curbs by MAY when over-50s are vaccinated - but Prof Lockdown's modelling team warns even a slower easing means 130,000 more deaths and the NHS could be swamped again
- 'Analogue criminals operating in a digital world': Bumbling villains aged 442 were snared by 21st century police surveillance after £24million Hatton Garden heist
- The best Xbox One games for 2021
- The Tragedy of Britney Spears
- The Black List 2009: Full Roster
Terrifying moment stolen car skids across a busy motorway on its rims – as armed cops storm bushland to hunt accused burglar behind the wheel have 403 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 2, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.