Chinese handset maker Honor on Tuesday said it will foray into India PC market with two laptops built on Windows platform in the first quarter of 2020.
Honor Magic book laptop has chipset of U.S. companies — Intel and AMD.
“We will launch two laptops in India in 2020. We have restarted working with Microsoft. They have licensed our products,” James Zou president for overseas marketing and sales, told reporters here.
While he did not disclose exact dates for the launch, a company note said that the laptops with AMD processor will be launched globally, including in India, in the first quarter of 2020.
Mr. Zou said that the company plans to expand product portfolio in India in 2020, which besides personal computers, will include launch of a new television, on its own operating system Harmony OS, smartwatch and smartphones starting with Honor 9X that will support storage capacity of 512 GB.
The company is using hardware and software of U.S. companies that have been given exemption to supply their products to Huawei, the parent company of Honor.
Honor has not been able to use Google Mobile Services (GMS) suite for its new smartphones due to restrictions imposed on it by the U.S. government and has therefore developed its own suite and also operating system to mitigate impact of the ban. Honor 9X, however, will come with GMS.
“In 2020, we will focus on building new partnerships in India. By end of this year, we will launch 24 kits (software tools for app development) that will help developers migrate their app from GMS to HMS. By integrating app on HMS, Indian app developers can have access to one world’s biggest market China,” Mr. Zou said.
The company is also in talks with Nokia and TomTom to bring their map application on HMS.
“China lacks Google ecosystem. Many apps are available without GMS code. Building HMS will take time but not impossible. People at the most need 300 app for daily use. We need to focus on daily use apps. It is not difficult,” Mr. Zou said.
- Keralite women-led start-up to be showcased at Expo 2020 Dubai US Pavilion
- Toyota Yaris Discontinued In India: All You Need To Know
- Does the turmoil in China have implications for India?
- French technology firm Atos will recruit about 15,000 people in India over the next 12 months
- Sustainability Takes Centre Stage at Expo 2020 Dubai
- Amazon India festive sales event to begin October 4
- India reports 29% surge in employment across nine sectors in June quarter: Labour ministry survey
- ‘Punjab, Delhi, Haryana & UP govts have prepared action plans to check stubble burning’
- Shyam Metalics plans to invest Rs 850cr in FY22, ropes in Salman Khan for TMT bar promotion
- Anand Mahindra Feels This 3-Wheeler Scooter Is A Good Idea For India
- Markets shut, roads blocked as Bharat Bandh affects life in Jharkhand
- Beyond, Impossible join crowded plant-based chicken market
- Florintree backed Data Patterns files for IPO with Sebi
- Kamala Harris meeting Modi is ‘coming of age’ moment for Indian diaspora, says her home state newspaper
- Mamata Banerjee warns BJP of khela hobe in Goa, UP, Assam and Tripura
- Pegasus row: SC to pronounce order next week, CJI says setting up technical experts committee
- Supreme Court says will set up own expert panel to look into Pegasus charges
- After JEE Mains, CBI unearths NEET racket; 4 arrested
- Housing affordability improves in key cities on time correction, low mortgage rates: Report
- Government extends Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana deadline till March 2022
Honor plans foray into India PC market in 2020 have 557 words, post on www.thehindu.com at December 24, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.