Today, Nintendo held the latest in their regular Indie World broadcast series. Similar to the company’s incredibly popular Nintendo Direct livestreams, Indie World provides an opportunity for smaller Switch developers to get some of the spotlight and build hype for their upcoming games. Today’s broadcast was no exception, as a number of indie developers revealed some rather intriguing new titles coming to the console in 2020. However, one of the broadcast’s bigger announcements was a game that actually released today: Dauntless from developer Phoenix Labs. Released in September on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Dauntless is an action-RPG in a fantasy setting.
With gameplay inspired by Capcom’s Monster Hunter franchise and designs inspired by Disney’s Tangled, Dauntless casts players in the role of Slayers as they attempt to take down the game’s massive Behemoths. The game can be enjoyed by single players, but the real highlight is Dauntless‘ multiplayer, and Switch owners can look forward to having a large number of players to enjoy the game with right out of the gate. Cross-platform play has been a hot topic among gamers over the last few years, and Dauntless not only supports it, but it also takes things one step further with cross-saves. That means players can enjoy the game from home on PS4 or Xbox One, then sign-in to their account on Switch and take things on-the-go.
Head to the Nintendo eShop to download the exclusive Skyfighter Pack for free! pic.twitter.com/wRyKaE17Ik
— Dauntless (@PlayDauntless) December 10, 2019
During the broadcast, Phoenix Labs told viewers that they should expect multiple updates, seasonal events and more in the coming months. Switch owners can also deck out their character with a pair of exclusive skin sets: Skyfighter Armor and Skymetal Weapon Set. Dauntless features seven different weapon classes, and the Skymetal set has skins for each of them. These merely offer cosmetic changes, but it is a nice bonus for Nintendo fans. Dauntless is a free-to-play title. The game does have an online store, but all upgrades that can be purchased are also exclusively cosmetic.
Dauntless wasn’t the only game announced during the broadcast and made available today. The Talos Principle from developer Croteam was also unveiled, and can now be purchased on the Switch eShop for $29.99.
Do you plan on downloading Dauntless? What did you think of today’s Nintendo Indie World broadcast? Let us know in the comments or share your thoughts directly on Twitter at @Marcdachamp to talk all things gaming!
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for Nintendo Switch Isn't Like Monster Hunter World and That's Okay
- The best Nintendo Switch games
- Super Mario Odyssey 2 in the works? Nintendo Switch games list update
- Terrifying Nintendo Switch controller has a knife embedded in the handle
- SNK’s controversial King of Fighters game could bring ‘busty’ female characters to Nintendo Switch
- Fortnite Season 5 Update Now Live, Brings Gameplay Fixes for Nintendo Switch and iOS
- The Nintendo Switch could be about to get its biggest missing feature
- YouTube is now available on the Nintendo Switch
- EE slashes prices and offers FREE Nintendo Switch ahead of Black Friday 2018
- GAME Black Friday deals on Xbox, PS4 and Nintendo Switch leaked early
- OnePlus launch live - New OnePlus 7T and a few surprises could be revealed today
- Zelda Breath of the Wild 2: Is THIS when Nintendo will drop next update? Switch latest
- Sony PlayStation 5 Launch Set for Late 2020, Controllers to Feature Haptic Feedback and Adaptive Triggers
- The Super Mario Bros encyclopedia officially launches
- Live Black Friday updates as Amazon deal starts today
- Best Black Friday deals 2018: UK offers on Nintendo, Fitbit, laptops, iPhones, and Amazon Echo
- Nintendo cools talks of N64 Classic console
- Overwatch Halloween event surprise: 2019 Release date news latest for October
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Switch Release Date Exclusive coming in 2019
- Super Mario Run Android Early 2017 Release Date Is Bad for Nintendo and Gamers Everywhere
Dauntless Surprise Launches on Nintendo Switch Today have 640 words, post on comicbook.com at December 10, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.