MESUT OZIL left some Arsenal fans bewildered after celebrating a goal at West Ham with a curious skipping dance.
After Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang made it 3-1 to the Gunners on Monday night, the German playmaker was seen throwing shapes in the background.
Put down by some as a reference to video game Fortnite, others compared Ozil to a man riding an invisible horse and even a lucky student.
One fan explained the jig as: “Lol I think it’s Fornite dance.”
Twitter user Scott joked: “Like he’s on an invisible horse.”
Another remarked: “When you get A on the project and you didn’t do s***.”
Whereas one fan account wrote: “Celebrating win bonus lol.”
An Ozil supporter added: “Loved your jumping celebration and that scream bro.”
The Gunners secured their first win under Freddie Ljungberg with three goals in ten minutes at London Stadium.
Writing on Twitter after the 3-1 victory, the Swede thanked fans for their patience.
He posted: “We’ve missed this winning feeling! Well done to the players and thank you to our fans, you don’t realise how much your support helps us. Keep sticking with us!”
latest football news
salzburg 0 liverpool 0
Reds need a draw to progress – but lose and they’re OUT
Chelsea vs Lille FREE: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time and team news
Tottenham news LIVE: Follow all the latest updates from North London
Chelsea news LIVE: Latest updates and gossip from Stamford Bridge
Arsenal news LIVE: Follow all the latest updates from North London
Man Utd news LIVE: Latest updates and transfer gossip from Old Trafford
ON THE MOVE
Transfer news LIVE: Latest updates as January transfer window looms
sort it out
Is the Champions League group stage sorted on goal difference or head-to-head?
Ozil featured for the entire 90 minutes and admitted to having a smile back on his face having been returned to his prime position under Ljungberg.
The playmaker tweeted: “Finally a reason to smile again… a little bit!
“That winning feeling is back. How I’ve missed you!! But of course we all know that there’s still a lot of work in front of us.”
- Arsenal 5 West Ham 1: Giroud at the double as Wenger's side put Hammers to the sword
- Mata sinks City, West Ham stun Chelsea in League Cup
- Arsenal top Premier League table
- Wenger and Arsenal's Champions League run ends
- Man City one win from title, Salah sinks Palace
- Gerrard, Mata leave Liverpool, Manchester Utd smiling
- Misery for Arsenal as City, Liverpool book Champions League berths
- Arsenal held, Fulham's Meulensteen enjoys first win
- Guardiola wins grudge match, Liverpool rout Leicester
- Walcott seals Emirates Cup success for Arsenal
- Manchester Utd stumble again after Southampton draw
- Saints out to block Man United take-off
- Man City stroll to Premier League title
- How Man United won the Premier League title
- Man Utd start afresh as Premier League begins
- Cardiff stun Man City, Soldado sinks Swansea
- Predators circle Man City in Premier League
- Manchester City reach 100 points as Jesus strikes late
- Chelsea look to prove title credentials
- FA Cup quarter-final replays scrapped
Arsenal fans joke Ozil is riding invisible horse in hilarious skipping celebration as West Ham win has him smiling again have 542 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 10, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.