The third episode of Vader Immortal, the Oculus Quest VR experience, is going to end in style. The game will recreate the experience of facing off against Sith Lord Darth Vader in lightsaber combat, surelt fulfilling the childhood dreams of many of its players. Previous episodes have brought you face to face with Vader, but now for the first time in the series you’ll be able to battle against him with your own weapon.
A new post on the official Star Wars website digs into the final chapter of Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series. The post discusses how the game–which was written by David S. Goyer (Terminator: Dark Fate, The Dark Knight, Blade II) and is considered part of the Star Wars canon–will wrap up.
The final chapter, which will release on November 21, follows on from the first two episodes, which saw the playable character (a Force-sensitive smuggler) get captured by Vader and learn how to wield their Force powers. This time players will be trying to prevent Vader from activating a powerful artifact that will destroy life on Mustafar; to do so, you’ll have to break into Vader’s castle and fight him.
Because of your new Force powers, you’ll be able to pull objects towards yourself, including Stormtrooper blasters. You’ll also be able to incite battles between Vader’s drone army and an Imperial battalion. And then, at the game’s conclusion, you’ll face off against Vader; but because the events here are canon, don’t expect him to die. You’ve previously been able to fight Darth Vader in both the first and second Star Wars: The Force Unleashed games, but those are now non-canon–this one counts.
- How 'Star Wars Rebels' Set up the Emperor's Return in 'The Rise of Skywalker'
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order: Everything we know
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Used Lighter Lightsabers on Set, Allowing for "Epic Fights"
- The Adidas 2019 Star Wars Sneaker Collection is About to Launch
- New Star Wars Black Series Releases Include the Skywalker Strikes Exclusive
- Star Wars: Lucasfilm Not Ruling Out Future Project With Game of Thrones Creators
- Star Wars: Game of Thrones Creators Were Reportedly Nervous of Facing the Franchise's "Toxic Fandom"
- Anthony Daniels Teases C-3PO's Final Scene in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars Reveals New Doctor Aphra and Darth Vader Series Details
- Star Wars: Is Rey More Powerful Than Luke?