The second episode of The Mandalorian has yet to premiere on the Disney+ streaming service, but already one of the show’s central mysteries has been solved. Viewers were introduced to the Mandalorian in the series premiere, but at no point was his name uttered. Thus far, we’ve referred to him as the Mandalorian or Mando, for short.
As it turns out, though, he doesn’t go by Mando. Pedro Pascal, who plays the mysterious bounty hunter, revealed the Mandalorian’s name in a behind-the-scenes interview. “The Mandalorian, whose name is Din Jarron, is your iconically cool, flawed, mysterious, loner gunslinger that harkens to the best of the samurai movies and the westerns.”
So there you have it, the Mandalorian’s name is Din Jarron. Of course, there’s no telling when that name will actually be spoken on the show or if we’ll ever see Din Jarron’s face.
If the first episode is any indication, we will slowly learn more about Din Jarron’s past before he became a Mandalorian bounty hunter. The premiere features very brief flashbacks to his childhood, in which it looked like he and his parents were in danger. What’s more, he described himself as a former “foundling.” While the meaning of that word hasn’t been revealed, it’s possible his parents did not survive the attack in the flashbacks, leading to him growing up an orphan.
There’s so much more to learn about Din Jarron–who we’re still probably going to call Mando–in the upcoming episodes of Season 1. And luckily, you don’t have to wait long to find out what happens next. The second episode of The Mandalorian premieres Friday on Disney+.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
- Rejected Star Wars 7 Poster Reveals Luke Skywalker?
- 'Star Wars Rebels' Finale Reveals the Real Voice of Chopper
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Reveals New Rise of Skywalker Content
- Star Wars: Mark Hamill Reveals Leia Was Meant to be Prominent Figure in 'Episode IX'
- Here's Boba Fett Like You've Never Seen Him Before
- Gwendoline Christie Tells Us If Captain Phasma Is Worthy of Boba Fett Comparisons
- The Mandalorian: Everything we know about the Disney+ Star Wars series
- The Mandalorian fans notice something off about chapter four of the Disney+ Star Wars spin-off
- 'Star Wars' history you need to know before seeing 'The Last Jedi'
- Star Wars director drops baby Yoda spoilers as The Mandalorian season 2 role is confirmed