RENO, Nev. (AP) — Emergency Crews rescued two people from a wash flowing with runoff from record rain in Las Vegas, and up a to half-foot of Sierra snow (15 centimeters) triggered chain controls around Lake Tahoe as a cold front moved across Nevada on Wednesday. The National Weather Service also issued a winter weather advisory through 4 p.m. Thursday for much of central Nevada, where as much as 6 inches (15 cm) is possible in mountain areas. The service said 0.35 inch of rain (9 millimeters) fell in Las Vegas through 8 a.m. Wednesday, breaking the old record for the date set in 1963. The water in the wash where two people were rescued also caused an electrical short that set a school bus afire. Fire officials said the rescued people weren’t injured, and the two children who were on the bus got off safely without injury. The rainfall and runoff also snarled traffic and contributed to numerous collisions. The Mount Rose ski resort southwest of Reno reported 6 to 7 inches (15 to 17 cm) of snow Tuesday night and early Wednesday. Chain controls were in effect for the Mount Rose Highway connecting Reno to Lake Tahoe. U.S…. Read full this story
- Winter Mountain Biking Special Preparation Tips
- Easy Tips For Drawing Mountain Landscape
- How to Find the Best Women's Rain Boot
- Nature Exploring - Day Trips From Vegas
- The Warrior, the Monk and the Mountain
- What to Do at Disney World's Magic Kingdom When It's Raining
- Why Do We Wear Mountain Bike Shoes?
- What You Should Know About Mountain Bike Shoes
- The Real Mountain Bike Action
- Getting Discount Mountain Bikes
Record rain in Vegas, half-foot of snow in Tahoe mountains have 268 words, post on apnews.com at November 20, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.