As the Great Recession drifted into the history books, officially ending in 2009, American workers in a wide swath of industries had reason to cheer. Consumers were opening their wallets again; for instance, U.S. auto sales increased by more than 67% from 2009 to 2017 and the home remodeling market grew more than 50% during the same period.
Meanwhile, the population was growing, thanks in part to immigrant arrivals, and it was aging. These trends created new demands in several sectors, especially for health-care workers.
Technological innovation was another big theme of the decade. Fitbit launched in 2009 and the iPad debuted the following year. E-commerce was on a tear, as is evidenced by the rise of Amazon in our daily lives. In fact, according to the 2019 Internet Retailer Top 1000 Report, consumers were spending $517 billion online with U.S. merchants by 2018, and 40% of Americans use Amazon for their online shopping. Many new technologies weren’t as obvious to consumers as Fitbit or the iPad but all this development created new opportunities for workers in industries across the board.
Using May 2009 and May 2018 occupational data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Stacker compiled a list of 50 jobs that grew the most in the last 10 years and explained what these workers have been doing for the past decade. The jobs are ranked by their 10-year employment change, and any ties are broken by the total employment in…
Using 2009 and 2018 occupational data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Stacker compiled a list of 50 jobs that grew the most in the last 10 years. The jobs are ranked by their 10-year employment change.
This article was first published on theStacker.com
- The 10 Fastest Growing Job Titles
- The 10 Fastest-Growing Online Jobs
- The 50 Fastest Growing Online Jobs
- Looking for Work? The 20 Fastest Growing Industries
- The Fastest Growing Temp Jobs
- Pontiac Gone, Buick to Grow, Government Offered 50 percent of GM
- Seniors grow old under debt
- The Latest: Denny Hamlin wins 2nd Daytona 500 in 4 years
- 10 Growing Industries for Temporary Workers
- Everything You Need to Know About Job Searching in the Digital Age
- Lenovo ThinkPad 10: Top 5 Business Features
- 18 Fast Growing Careers for 2013
- $100,000 a Year? Freelancing Pays Off For More Workers
- The 2017 Power List – And the Person of the Year Is…
- McLaren Launches “World’s Fastest Gamer” Competition
- Casting Pearls: Top 10 Movie Cars in a Supporting Role
- GTPlanet’s Gaming Year in Review: 2017
- She Came to Love the “Funky” 1970s Paint Job on her 1966 Pontiac GTO Street/Strip Car
- Introducing the GTPlanet Member Motorsports Spotlight Series
- Five Million Dollar Baby
Fastest-growing jobs from the last 10 years have 449 words, post on www.chron.com at November 21, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.