Expert opinion: Astrologer Patrice Kamins has shared her advice for how to turn the current Mercury retrograde into a positive experience instead of a dramatic nightmare
An astrologer has revealed why Mercury retrograde could actually work wonders for your self-confidence and your love life – and how you can ensure it serves as a positive force in your life, not the negative nightmare many perceive it to be.
New York-based Patrice Kamins spoke to DailyMail.com about the astrological phenomenon, which began on Halloween, and ends on November 20, revealing: ‘Mercury Retrograde has a bad reputation, but I see it as an opportunity to grow and expand in consciousness.’
‘The best way to deal with Mercury retrograde is to observe and be open to new information or a new perspective on an old situation. Enjoy the surprises, reveals and unexpected inspirations that come your way. Secrets are always revealed whether you are the communicator or the receiver.’
When it comes to love and romance, Patrice said that this Mercury retrograde is the perfect time to experiment with a new look in an attempt to ‘amplify the law of attraction’.
Here, Patrice shares her expert insights into the October 31 retrograde, and how you can use it as a force for good across different areas of your life no matter what your star sign…
Something different: Mercury retrograde is often blamed for all manner of negative issues, be it bad luck, plane crashes or computers breaking
Does Mercury retrograde affect everyone in the same way?
‘This particular Mercury retro is happening in Scorpio, sign of the mystery goddess,’ Patrice explained.
‘We all have Scorpio somewhere in our charts (this is determined by our time of birth) and this is where the main action will happen.’
But not everyone will be affected by Mercury retrograde in the same way; according to Patrice, Geminis and Virgos are likely to feel its effects most strongly.
‘In general, Mercury retrograde will affect those with a strong Gemini or Virgo signature,’ she said.
‘Yet, as these signs are mutable, they are extremely flexible, adaptable, and highly skilled, and this might be the moment to learn to go with the flow.’
What does this Mercury retrograde mean for my life?
This Mercury retrograde, deep dive into your personal transformation! The reemergence or reconnection to the divine feminine allows you to express the most magnetic, healing and sexually powerful aspects of your nature. This is the beauty of your inner star.
During Mercury retrograde periods, we may re-encounter people, relationships and situations from our past that are back for review. Mercury retrograde is an opportunity to reflect on the past but also to deep dive into personal transformation.
Embrace your inner Femme Fatale
Should you chose to, this Mercury retrograde season totally encourages the expression of your inner diva; the ability to experiment with your image can be empowering and allow the emergence of their authentic feminine power.
Because this particular Mercury retrograde is in Scorpio, we are dealing with the powerful goddess energy of the deep feminine, our sexual identity, our passions and desires. Scorpio is the siren, the seductress, the femme fatale who is in touch with their innate creative abilities (sexual energy is creative energy) and strong regenerative abilities.
And because the transit is temporary, if you find your walk on the wild side was just a fling, you can always return to your comfort zone.
Access a hidden part of your personality
Following your instincts or accessing a hidden part of your personality might open you up to attracting a soulmate or discovering the lover and soulmate within.
It’s a perfect time to experiment with a new look, new color palette or explore esoteric interests such as astrology and tarot.
You may ask yourself what color or shade is your Venus (love and style planet)? It’s a pain free way to acknowledge or play with different aspects of yourself.
Time for a psychological deep dive
Additionally it is an opportunity to meet our shadow, which rather than something to be afraid of, is potentially an area of great strength.
We oftentimes suppress our individuality, genius, entrepreneurship, emotional and sexual powers because they do not comport with what we believe others value and this is a time to unleash those restrictions.
Do the psychological deep dive – it’s worth it and brings a greater sense of self love and personal empowerment!
What is Mercury Retrograde?
Mercury Retrograde is a common planetary phenomenon which occurs when Mercury, the planet closest to the sun, appears to move ‘backwards’ – east to west rather than west to east – across the sky.
This apparent reversal in Mercury’s orbit is actually just an illusion to people viewing it from Earth.
The event was first written about in British astrology circles as far back as the mid-18th century, during a time when spiritualism and the stars were a huge craze.
Because the Roman god Mercury was said to govern travel, business, personal wealth and communication, astrologers linked the planet Mercury to those areas as well.
The significance of the event has become so exaggerated today that it’s blamed for everything from missed flights and crashed computers to workplace tensions and broken household appliances.
Mercury becomes Retrograde three or four times a year, for about three weeks at a time.
Source: Mental Floss
- What does 2017 have in store for your love life? Whether you’re single or coupled-up, Mystic Meg reveals all
- The forgotten fish: a new look at our underwater friends
- We share 52 ways to make you feel happy with tips for how to live the good life from Swiss author Rolf Dobelli
- Racing! New racing boss at the Stronach Company
- When do you need to act to make 2017 a good year for your wallet? Mystic Meg reveals all about your financial health this year
- Aquarians are swingers and Virgos love a fetish…This is what your star sign says about your sex life
- Craig David talks ditching his obsessive fitness regime, moving on from an all-time low and looking for The One
- A Dog’s Purpose writer says ‘every dog has a soul’ and reveals the heartwarming story of love and friendship behind new film
- This is how you can live to 100… as two women in their seventies reveal why their lives are better than ever
- Sexpert reveals how you can make sure you get bang for your buck between the sheets
- Tinder’s full-time love doctor reveals the secrets to getting LOADS OF SEX
- Rochdale midfielder Joe Thompson reveals how he defied the odds and beat cancer TWICE, and his plans to return to football
- Donald Trump promises to crush ‘vile’ ISIS and secure America’s borders as he attempts to heal rifts in first speech to Congress
- Daily horoscope for Wednesday June 28 – here’s what the stars have in store for you today
- London boy Michael Kiwanuka talks meaning in music, his influences and hanging out with Kanye
- Top LGBTQ Anthems Part 2: The '80s and '90s
- 100 greatest Rock and Roll Hall of Fame albums
- Pope Benedict XVI: "We Have a Positive Idea to Offer"
- Neighboring schools, worlds apart
- 38th Annual Curtain Up!
Astrologer reveals how Mercury retrograde could improve your LOVE LIFE, as she urges people to embrace their 'inner diva' and experiment with a bold new look to find a soulmate have 1182 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.