A 10-year-old boy who was injured in a shooting at a New Jersey high school football game on Friday has died, and the alleged shooter has been charged with murder.
Micah “Dew” Tennant was airlifted to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia after being shot in the neck during the attack at Pleasantville High School. He died Wednesday.
“Words at this time seem so insufficient to portray the anger and outrage that our community feels regarding his loss. However, his spirit will live on in so many people that he inspired,” Atlantic County Prosecutor Damon G. Tyner said in a statement.
Alvin Wyatt, 31, of Atlantic City, allegedly opened fire during the football game, injuring Micah and two others. Wyatt was arrested near the scene and charged with three counts of attempted murder and two weapons charges.
As a result of Micah’s death, Tyner said one of those attempted murder charges has been upgraded to murder.
Officials said the shooting was a targeted attack against one of the three victims, 27-year-old Ibn Abdullah. The third victim, a 15-year-old, was treated for a graze wound and released from the hospital Friday night.
Abdullah was taken into custody at the hospital and charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and certain persons not to possess a weapon, officials said. Four other men were arrested in connection with the shooting and charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and certain persons not to possess a weapon.
“We are all devastated by the news of Micah Tennant’s passing,” New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy said in a statement. “No child deserves to have their promising life cut short, especially by indiscriminate and senseless gun violence. No parent deserves to bury their child.”
Late Tuesday night, Micah’s mother, Angela Tennant, thanked everyone for their support in a Facebook post.
“Everyday I talk in his ear and say 🗣DEW YOU’RE SO LOVED & FAMOUS 💙,” she wrote.
A GoFundMe has been set up for the Tennant family.
- 10-Year-Old Boy Drowns, More Than 1,000 Rescued After Crowds Flock to Reopened Texas Beaches
- Desperate parents of four-year-old boy with cancer whose been given four weeks to live say he'll die in lockdown if they don't raise £250,000 for last- chance treatment in Spain
- This six-year-old boy set up a joke stand to give neighbors a laugh during quarantine
- Stray bullet allegedly fired by customs kills 17-year-old boy in Ogun
- 17-year-old boy is second to be fatally shot by accident at East Houston home
- Florida teens are charged in the killing of a 16-year-old boy who was shot in the back after a drug deal went bad
- Boy, 13, 'stabs seven-year-old brother to death' after 'losing video game'
- 14-year-old boy killed in crossfire laid to rest at Sheeri, 35km away from home
- Thunderstorm kills 19-year-old boy, injures 3 in Delta community
- 8-year-old boy, nurse test positive for Covid-19 in Kolkata hospital, 11 medical staff down with fever
- Moment a Rattlesnake Bites a 4-Year-Old Boy Captured on Security Camera
- Fit in my 40s: 10-year-old girls love it, but will skipping work for me?
- Three-Year-Old Boy and Baby Girl Stabbed to Death in London
- 'I died for two minutes': Healthy 12-year-old Louisiana girl's heart stopped after she became one of the first children in the US to develop a rare life-threatening inflammatory syndrome linked to coronavirus
- 12-year-old commits suicide after being scolded for playing PUBG
- Roy Lester, former Maryland football coach, dies at 96
- Mother of sick four-year old who needs £232,000 to pay for life-saving treatment for rare cancer sees donations rocket towards the half way mark after local footballer took up the cause
- Wannabe ISIS fighter who wanted to enslave a nine-year-old girl and Britain's youngest terrorist 'Boy X' are among a wave of 18 terrorists who will be released this MONTH unless Boris Johnson stops automatic early release
- Deerfield Patch Honors High School Graduates: Class Of 2020
- High school leaves its seniors in tears after honoring them with a 'final drive through' - complete with a 'grand exit' from the local fire department - after their graduation was canceled
A 10-Year-Old Boy Who Was Shot In The Neck At A High School Football Game Has Died have 660 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at November 20, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.