Square Enix fans hoping the iconic Japanese developer will be following up the Final Fantasy 7 Remake with an FF8 Remake have been given a boost.
The long wait for the Final Fantasy 7 Remake is almost over, with fans just months away from a release.
JRPG aficionados have long clamoured for a Final Fantasy 7 Remake, with this writer personally hoping for one ever since Advent Children came out.
When that CGI film came out in 2005, it showed how spectacular Final Fantasy 7 could look with hugely upgraded visuals and jaw-dropping action sequences.
And now the dream of a gorgeous looking, upgraded version of Final Fantasy 7 is almost upon us, with the game set to launch next March.
Square Enix has showcased the FF7 Remake a number of times this year, with each presentation blowing RPG buffs away.
Fans, unfortunately, will be facing a wait for the remake to complete the FF7 story arc, with the new Square Enix game coming in a number of instalments.
It remains to be seen when all the parts of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be out.
But fans hoping that Square Enix could follow this mammoth project up with a remake of fellow PS1 classic Final Fantasy 8 have been given a boost.
Yoshinori Kitase, the producer of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake, has said he hopes Final Fantasy 8 does get remade by Square Enix.
Speaking to Famitsu (and reported via a post from Siliconera), Kitase-san said he hopes Square’s young guns will handle the project.
Discussing the idea of a FF8 Remake, he said: “If the youth that inherits the genes of Final Fantasy can step up and do it, then I’d like to see it made.
“For Final Fantasy VII Remake, the project started from my desire to make Final Fantasy VII with today’s technology while I’m still here at Square Enix.
“So I’d like to see it [Final Fantasy VIII Remake] done by the youth of Square Enix”.
Whether such a project ever gets off the ground, and on what formats it launches on, remains to be seen.
With it likely that the other parts of the FF7 Remake are coming to the PS5, could the FF8 Remake end up being released at the tail end of the PS5’s life?
Or would we be looking even further down the line towards other generations, given the time needed for development on the project?
Whatever happens, JRPG fans still have plenty to be excited about with the upcoming release of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
The FF7 Remake is set to launch on the PS4 exclusively on March 3 2020.
• Stay tuned to Express.co.uk for more gaming news and reviews
- Comments for : Free Square Enix RPG Mobius Final Fantasy out now on Android & iOS
- Final Fantasy VII Remake is too big for just one game
- Mobile Final Fantasy VII "years away" because of its size
- Final Fantasy VI coming to Android and iOS
- Square Enix teases Rise of Mana – an upcoming Final fantasy-like 3D RPG for iOS and Android
- Comments for : Mobile Final Fantasy VII "years away" because of its size
- Secret Of Mana Remake Review: A Rapid-Fire Retro Delight Gets A Spiffy New Look
- E3 2018: all the latest news and rumors from this year's big gaming show
- Final Fantasy VII arrives on iPhone and iPad
- Finally! Full port of the original Final Fantasy VII announced for iOS, no word for Android yet
- Kingdom Hearts 3 release date, news and rumors
- Comments for : Final Fantasy I & II will give plenty of iPhone owners time to kill
- Comments for : Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition launched on Android and iOS
- Comments for : Square Enix teases Rise of Mana – an upcoming Final fantasy-like 3D RPG for iOS and Android
- Square Enix-made Deadman's Cross RPG reaches iOS, has zombies in the cards
- Comments for : First official images of Final Fantasy VI for iOS and Android
- Comments for : Final Fantasy VII arrives on iPhone and iPad
- Comments for : A mobile remake of the original Rayman game will land tomorrow on iOS and Android
- Here’s everything that happened at the Square Enix E3 press conference
- ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’: News and rumors
Square Enix news: Final Fantasy 7 Remake producer gives surprise FF8 Remake boost have 678 words, post on feedproxy.google.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.