PATNA: Altogether 231 fresh cases of
have been reported in
in just one week of waterlogging in several parts of the city. Total 980 cases of dengue and 88 of chikungunya have been reported across the state since January till October 5, as per the data available with state health department. However, no dengue or chikungunya death has been officially reported in the state this year.
Dengue has been spreading its wings in Patna as several areas remained waterlogged for the 9th day on Sunday following heavy rain on September 27 and 28. Floating carcasses and garbage are adding to the woes of Patnaites, who fear an epidemic outbreak in their colonies as several low-lying areas, including Kankerbagh, Rajendra Nagar, Gola Road, Jagganpura, Digha and Pataliputra Colony, were still submerged in rainwater.
Taking note of the situation, State Health Society, a wing of health department, has launched fumigation drive to combat the mosquito-borne disease from spreading further. It has roped in 24 anti-larvae control vehicles for the city, especially the inundated areas.
PMCH principal Dr Vidyapati Choudhary told this newspaper that the hospital administration has created 3 dengue wards, each of 10 beds, and 10 beds each have also been increased in the emergency and ICU. âAll the beds are full. The cases of dengue increased since September. It has further increased due to waterlogging in several areas in city,â he said.
Principal secretary (health) Sanjay Kumar told this newspaper on Sunday that 409 cases of dengue had been reported in Patna between January and September and the rest 231 were since the September 27 downpour. âThis is also the peak season for dengue and chikungunya cases. Even if there is no waterlogging, the cases of dengue and chikungunya will be high during this time of the year. How many of them are due to waterlogging is difficult to say,â he said. However, Sanjay said the situation was not alarming. âLast year, 2,112 cases of dengue were reported in Bihar, including 1,117 in Patna,â he added.
According to official reports, 640 out of the 980 cases of dengue reported this year have been in Patna, followed by 95 in Bhagalpur, 25 each in Nalanda and Vaishali, 15 in Saran, 13 each in Aurangabad and Purnia, 11 each in Madhubani and Nawada, eight in Jamui, seven each in Begusarai, Bhojpur, East Champaran, Madhepura, Rohtas, Siwan and Supaul, six each in Banka, Gopalganj, Khagaria, Lakhisarai and Sitamarhi, five in Sheikhpura, four in Gaya, three in Munger, two in Darbhanga, Jehanabad and West Champaran and one each in Araria, Arwal, Buxar, Katihar and Saharsa.
Of the 88 cases of chikungunya, 74 were in Patna, three in Vaishali, two each in Nalanda and Sheikhpura and one each in Araria, Madhubani, Nawada, Saharsa, Saran, Samastipur and Sheohar.
Apart from increasing the number of anti-larvae control units, the department will organize free health camps at PMCH and NMCH from October 10 to 12.
It takes a week since eggs are laid for adult mosquitoes to emerge. So, civic officials and others involved in fighting the vector have urged people to drain out accumulated water at least once a week.
- Dengue scare looms large, 187 test positive in October
- RBI fixes coop banks' daily reporting system post PMC fraud
- Mexican president downplays alarm over dengue
- Anti-dengue drive: Private knitwear unit in Tirupur dist slapped with Rs 1 lakh fine
- Dengue Fever - Ayurvedic Herbal Treatment
- US Department of Labor Revises Certified Payroll Reporting Requirements For Form WH-347
- Medical Billing Reporting - Proximity Condition For Monthly Practice Profitability Analysis
- Tropical Fish In Fresh Water Aquarium - 12 Must Know Facts
- Fresh Water Guppy Care - 20 Tips To Keep Them Healthy
- ED conducts fresh searches in PMC bank case
- Generate Your Own Fresh MLM Leads and Stop Throwing Your Money Away on Worn Out Opportunity Seekers
- Storing Coffee Properly - How to Keep Your Coffee Fresh Longer
- The Challenge of Cancer Prevention - Millions of Cases Preventable
- How to Lose Weight in a Week - Discover How to Get Slim in No Time Flat!
- Home-Made eBay Christmas Profit Report
- Obstruction Case is Building, Democrat Says: Impeachment Update
- San Jose police say they actively searched for Utah tech CEO reported missing
- My Vajacase Report
- Pain Relief - How Exercise Can Help Reduce Your Pain - New Studies Show! - Nurse's Report!
- Search Engine Optimization Companies - A Case Study From a Cold Call
Patna reports 231 fresh dengue cases within a week have 690 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 6, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.