House Democrats don’t have the votes to impeach President Trump and are more concerned about getting reelected than sticking to their political guns, said White House adviser Kellyanne Conway on “Fox & Friends” Thursday.
“Impeachment is simple math, you either have the votes or you don’t. And guess what – dirty little secret – they don’t have the votes,” she said. “You just went through the list of Democratic members of Congress who have not committed to an impeachment inquiry. That’s key.”
“Think about all the people they represent — the 17 swing states that are basically being looked at and are in play for next year,” Conway continued. “The people, especially the independents in those states, are allergic to a protracted impeachment. Impeaching a president is an extraordinary event that’s rarely done because we have democratic elections.”
Conway said various House Democrats promised to lower drug prices and work with the president on bipartisan infrastructure reform, but have instead defied the will of the people and abused their authority to investigate the president.
“President Trump was democratically elected. Don’t allow people to overturn the last election results, or to interfere in the next ones,” she said.
“These Democrats came to Washington and said, ‘I’m going to reduce your drug prices.’ They’re trying to impeach and investigate the president. ‘I’m going to work on infrastructure.’ They’re investigating the president. ‘I’m going to keep the economy humming along.’ Not a single one of them voted for the greatest tax cut and the deregulation agenda that we had… I think they’re having trouble.”
House Democrats are set to vote on procedural rules to officially launch their inquiry on Thursday but aren’t expected to vote on actual articles of impeachment against Trump for several more weeks.
- Yes, Democrats Should Impeach Trump—and Make Mitch McConnell Defend His Acquittal
- George Conway predicts Republicans will turn on Trump if House votes to impeach: "He's done the indefensible"
- Trump's Alleged Voter-Intimidation Efforts Are Disturbing—and Democrats Are Taking Him to Court
- Why 'Impeachment' episode 1 features Ann Coulter as a character
- The Problem for Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats Isn’t That They Lack Guts. It’s That They Lack Imagination.
- McConnell Privately Backs Impeachment as House Moves to Charge Trump
- Senator gives high-end estimate that "five to ten" Republicans will vote for Trump impeachment
- Impeachment Hearing Takeaways: Democrats Allege ‘Brazen’ Trump Scheme While Republicans Lament ‘Unfair’ Process
- The GOP's ludicrous call for Biden to resign
- Trump lawyer David Schoen says impeachment trial will "tear this country apart"
- Trump says he would ‘NEVER’ have let Kabul airport bombing take place as calls grow for Biden to resign over crisis
- GOP Operatives Launch PAC To Convince Republicans To Vote For Biden
- Biden Leads By Same Margin Trump Once Called ‘One Of The Great Defeats’ In U.S. History
- Prosecution close Donald Trump impeachment case with warning that former president could cause more violence
- Trump impeached for 'inciting' US Capitol riot in historic second charge
- After deadly Capitol riot, Trump impeachment trial opens with fight on Constitution
- Ted Cruz says Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama could be impeached next
- Donald Trump becomes first president to be impeached twice after deadly riot
- Trump impeachment: What happens to impeached presidents?
- As His Predecessor Is Impeached, Biden Tries to Stay Above the Fray
Kellyanne Conway calls Democrats' bluff on impeachment, claims 'they don't have the votes' have 679 words, post on www.foxnews.com at October 31, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.