“Call of Duty: Mobile” is a free-to-download game that is available for iOS and Android devices. The first-person shooting game is loaded with in-app purchases that start at $1.49 and cost as much as $159.99.
The game is already the
in the Apple’s US App Store, according to analytics service Sensor Tower. It’s not yet ranking in the Google Play store.
“Call of Duty: Mobile” isn’t the first mobile game from the franchise, but it “brings together experiences from both the Modern Warfare and Black Ops series of games” for the first time, according to
. There’s also a new “Battle Royale” mode that lets players fight as many as 100 people at once.
The game was released worldwide Tuesday, with a few exceptions including China. “Call of Duty: Mobile” was developed by Chinese tech giant Tencent in conjunction with Timi Studio, which made the popular game “Arena of Valor.”
Video game releases in China face tough scrutiny because regulators previously said they wanted to control the number of new online games and limit game time for minors. In May,
was forced to
because of government restrictions on gaming.
“Call of Duty” is one of Acitivision Blizzard’s most profitable games. The release could help boost the struggling company, which also owns “Candy Crush” and “World of Warcraft.”
, Acitivision recorded recorded $1.4 billion in sales compared to $1.6 billion a year ago. Earlier this year, Activision said it was
. The company is struggling to keep up with free multiplayer games, such as Fortnite.
–CNN Business’ Sherissa Pham and Shannon Liao contributed to this report.
- Call Of Duty Mobile Outlines Season 6 Roadmap, Future Roadmaps Coming Earlier
- Call Of Duty Mobile Promises Earlier Roadmaps For Future Seasons
- Call Of Duty Mobile Adds New 1v1 Duel Map Later This Week
- Activision Has Big Plans For Call Of Duty: Warzone
- The best weapons in Call of Duty: Warzone
- Call Of Duty 2020: Next CoD Still Planned For Release This Year
- Call Of Duty 2020: New CoD Still Coming This Year
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Adds New Operator And Legendary Weapons Soon
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Reaches Another Huge Player Milestone
- CoD Mobile Season 6 Roadmap Released As Future Seasons Will Be Previewed Sooner
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Patch Notes: Weapon Nerfs And Vehicle Exploits Addressed
- 'PUBG Mobile' Devs Talk Season 13, Mad Miramar & Saving Earth With Sandstorms
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Patch Notes Nerf Weapons And Address Vehicle Exploits
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Patch Notes: Update Nerfs Weapons And More
- Call of Duty Warzone on mobile: what we want to see
- Is your smartphone carrying coronavirus? Doctors say mobile phones can be corona carriers, restrict use in hospitals
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 Remasters Releasing This Year, Won't Have Microtransactions
- Call of Duty Warzone may be the first CoD game that never stops updating
- PUBG Mobile Season 13 Royale Pass Is Out Now
- Xbox Series X: Unreal Engine 5, Release Date, Specs, And More For The Next-Gen Console
'Call of Duty: Mobile' is released have 497 words, post on rss.cnn.com at October 1, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.