It admittedly feels a bit silly talking about 8K resolution displays when even 4K content is still relatively scarce, but technology never comes to a screeching halt. As such, the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced an official industry display definition and accompanying logo for 8K UHD televisions.This is a bit of a murky topic, even with the CTA jumping into the fray. More on that in a moment. First, though, let’s go over the official requirements. Among the industry definition’s attributes are the following:Display Resolution: At least 33 million active pixels, with at least 7680 horizontally and 4320 vertically within a 16:9 viewable window, and specific measurement methodology in accordance with industry standards.Digital Inputs: One or more HDMI inputs supporting resolution of 7680×4320 pixels; bit depth of 10-bits; frame rates of 24, 30 and 60 frames per second; HDR transfer functions and colorimetry as specified by ITU-R BT.2100; and HDCP v2.2 or equivalent content protection.Up-conversion: Capability to upscale SD, HD and 4K video and display it at 8K UHD display resolution.Bit Depth: Capability to receive 10-bit 8K images and render an image that shows responsiveness to changes to any of the 10 bits.This is a voluntary logo licensing program,… Read full this story
- This mind-blowing 8K holographic display makes 3D look awesome again
- New Year, New User Experience: NVIDIA vGPU Enhances Virtualization, Adds 8K VDI Display Support
- Apple Mac Pro and Pro Display XDR on sale December 10
- Huawei ‘to launch world’s FIRST 5G 8K television’ in 2019 to rival Samsung and LG – but it might be a huge waste of money
- Halo: Reach on PC easily manages 8K at 60 fps
- Samsung Galaxy J6 review: A budget-phone with great battery life, beautiful display, smooth performance
- Senate passes resolution to formally 'commemorate the Armenian Genocide'
- Nifty Bank marches toward record high on likely resolution of 4 NPA cases in December
- Corporate affairs ministry reviews IL&FS resolution progress
- Trump needs a better response to Kim Jong Un's New Year's resolution
There’s now an official standard for 8K resolution displays have 331 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at September 23, 2019. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.